Recommendation? Difference between edge pro sharpeners

Another question I have is would the angle change on the edge pro as the stones lose material. The end of the arm would get lower while the base of the arm stays put creating a steeper angle wouldn't it? I haven't used it so I don't know the mechanics yet but it seems like it could do that.

Bo

You can use a simple drill stop collar to address this.

Die: thank you for the link, but The epmak 8 isn't on there it goes up to 6 then jumps to 10. Can anyone find it on there or have another link?

Bo

Blues: thank you, that video is very helpful. I don't know why they don't explain that in the apex instructional video. 8 minutes long and it doesn't explain much.

Thanks for the help,

Bo

Looks like Epmak combined the 8 and 9 together and called it the 10. It now has replaceable tables which I don't think the 8 did, and the 9 had the rotating clamps, which is now a table option.

How long of a blade are you wanting to be able to sharpen? The Pro table is 3" wide and the Apex is 2-3/4" wide. A long blade will be hard to keep stable on such a little table.

If you get one PLEASE do an extensive review with lots of photos, I am sure many of us here would be very interested in it.

Blues: thank you, that video is very helpful. I don't know why they don't explain that in the apex instructional video. 8 minutes long and it doesn't explain much.

Thanks for the help,

Bo

My pleasure.

If you end up with Edge Pro and want to use the drill stop collar, talk to them, they might throw one in. I mentioned it to them, they gave me one, it's a wing thumb screw vs an allen wrench screw which I like quite a bit more. They mentioned that in some of the Apex kits, they include the drill stop collar.

Diemaker: I'm hoping to start a knife sharpening business at some point after I learn a bunch more and practice more. So I mean it would be nice to be able to sharpen a 3 foot+ blade.

I'm not sure I want to buy something that's all in Russian. That scares me because there will be no customer service and the instructions will be in Russian. So I don't know if I'll be getting one.. If I do, I will definitely write a review. Thanks for your help.

Roik: okay, thanks man. I thought it would be included in all of them, so it's good to know.

Mo2: I own a worksharp and a worksharp Ken onion and I've never done a sword but I've gone through the motion of sharpening a machete to see if it wasn't too long (on the Ken onion) and it worked fine. I'm sure when I do to sharpen it, it will be fine. But it's hard to do tantos or swords much longer than 24 inches. That Tsprof looks pretty cool. I may get one one day.

Bo

Back