Difference between K02 and K03

Hey guys. I am pulling the plug and commissioning a guy to build me a Serbian chef knife and a Japanese Nakiri. For these I am wanting to get a guided knife sharpening system. I also have some kitchen knives (Chicago Cutlery) that I need to work on. They haven't been abused, but haven't been well maintained either. Along with these I have a 10" slicing knife I want to touch up as well way Kershaw Leek with the D2 composite blade.

I am leaning toward the tsprof but was wondering what the differences between the two versions is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Went to statesllc website and in the description it says the "lifting body" is the only difference. but it doesnt show you what the lifting body is!
after comparing the photos of each, it appears to be the "back end" that holds up the angle adjustment arm and assembly. the one on the K03 looks to be much more "meaty" and has attachment points to the main table making it a much more stable in keeping the table/arm properly aligned and the angle is more stable.

I did a little more digging myself. From what I can find, the me finish for adjusting the height at the base is what is different. The K02 uses threaded rod with a jam nut. The K03 used a rack and pinion.

This

K03 used a rack and pinion.

Both K02 and K03 have threaded rod and jam nut for fine angle adjustment but K03 has rack and pinion movement for precise and frustration free coarse angle adjustment V/s manual lifting and locking of K02.

DaveDM is correct. Here is a picture that points to the rack and pinion mechanism of the K03. Important fact: You cannot retrofit/upgrade the K02 to the K03. If you want the "lifting body"/rack and pinion mechanism you must order the K03. Arrow points to rack and ellipse is around the pinion rotation knob. Hope the explanation helps.
upload_2019-4-6_10-21-37.png
George

Back