Differences between Kamis thread

Here are a few pictures I have of mine at the moment.

Bura
DSCF0221bb.jpg

Sher
DSCF0225bb.jpg

Kumar
DSCF0223bb.jpg

Vim
DSCF0218bb.jpg

Dil (first one is his early mark)
DSCF0230ab.jpg

DSCF0191bb.jpg

SGT does not have a mark and does not work for HI, sometimes HI buys his kukris to sell.

Just added to say, this sucks, sorry that they ended up taking your father like that.

They don't know what they missed out on.

No doubt. He should have shown them what happens to their khuks as soon as Yangdu posts the DOTD!

Thanks for the info Yangdu. :thumbup:

The BAS I just got has what looks like a birthday candle for the Kami's mark.
Is this mark considered the butter lamp? If so, was this the Kami with no name?

Sorry to hear Sher is no longer with the shop. He made some really remarkable knives -- probably my favorite kami.

Big W,
I just got a WWII made by Yuvraj with a mark that looks like a candle.(a line with a flame on top)

Sorry to hear Sher is no longer with the shop. He made some really remarkable knives -- probably my favorite kami.

I agree. None of the handles on my other khukris fit my hand as absolutely perfectly as the one made by Sher.

Skyler:

Great macro photography!

On this issue of kamis, does the growing service sector markets in India plus growing manufacteuring sector draw the young kamis away to better paying (or greener pastures, if you will) jobs?

question for folks: if my WWII has Dil's flower and personal marks on the left side, and a U.B. on the right, what does that mean?

question for folks: if my WWII has Dil's flower and personal marks on the left side, and a U.B. on the right, what does that mean?

Means Dil made it. The UB stands for Uncle Bill Martino. All khuks made after his passing have the UB on them.

Wow! I go to bed and wake up with all this new information. Thank you so much, Yangdu! And a huge thank you to Skyler for his photography:thumbup::eek:

Here's my thoughts on the subject: Let's let this thread play out a bit where everyone can chime in and ask questions and post up pics of their marks. Once it sort of settles out, then maybe we can copy the posts with info and pics into a separate sticky so that it is a little easier for new comers to glean information from.

What does everyone think about that?

Great idea to make a sticky

Sgt. Khadka makes and excellent blade but some reason he does not want to mark his blade.

I have a 12" Siru by Rajendra that I'm testing right now will have a review once i'm finished . I also have more than a few by Dil and Bura both are fine Kamis.

OK, so I have a question. Who had the yin yang? I bought a 14" villager siru about a year or so ago. In all honesty, it is one of the best fitted khuks that I own. The name escapes me, but I was thinking that it was Ram or something? I haven't seen hardly any other pieces marked in such a way.

OK, so I have a question. Who had the yin yang? I bought a 14" villager siru about a year or so ago. In all honesty, it is one of the best fitted khuks that I own. The name escapes me, but I was thinking that it was Ram or something? I haven't seen hardly any other pieces marked in such a way.

I was wondering the same thing. I just acquired an 18" Pen in trade with the same mark.

93032526.jpg

~Bumpity~

Anyone else got any info or questions regarding the kami marks?

Back