Differences between Kamis thread

Final Bump.

I figure that if no one else has any more questions or information, I'll just sticky this up at the top in a couple days if that is cool with everyone.

Oh, and the yin yang symbol is by a kami named Ram. I haven't seen much work from him, but I actually dug up a mini-review that I wrote regarding a 14" Siru back in Feb or 2006. Great khuk. Nice lines, nice temper, nice finish for a villager.

There is a new Kami GET BHADUR, maybe thats his mark...

Yes! That's the one! I was unfamiliar enough with the name "Get" to recognize it as a name at first, but that's accurate.

(By the way, since I don't have the ability to post pictures, I'll clarify that the diamond-and-line mark does not have the little spaces in it that the typed version does.)

Anyone know what the <>- mark symbolizes?

I have no idea, JD. However, if you want a free way to post pics, you might sign up for a photobucket.com account. It's free and you can link your pics from that site to here. I do it all the time.:thumbup::D

This sounds like an excellent project! I received a CAK last week and had to post to find out who it was made by. Also, I guess marks change so there is a historical value to tracking them past & present.

A couple new ones.

Santosh.

IMG_5230.jpg

Rajendra.

IMG_5231.jpg

I have Santosh with an arrow, if I am correct.

Attachments

• kami mark santosh1 002.alpha.jpg
    kami mark santosh1 002.alpha.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 76
Here's one that hasn't been posted yet. Tara Bhadur (brave star) according to the DOTD text. I'm a freeloader, so I can't search for anything about him.

-Chris

DSC00983.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea which Kami uses a bow and arrow as a mark? It looks like a capital letter B, reversed, with an arrow nocked. Like this, but reversed:

B->

Found it on another thread. Bhakkta Kami. He did a superior job on my recently purchased CAK. Watch this guy.

Really? I am waiting for an M43 by Bhakta.... and now with a lot more anticipation thanks to your comment! :0)

Mind you, I have no other reference to compare it to among the current list of kamis, I mostly have Sher and Kesar pieces from the 'old days', I think. But comparing his work against the oldies, it is sweet.

Back