• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Diomedes Industries - Tinder Kit - PRICE REDUCTION

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
DiomedesIndustriesPrometheusTind-2.jpg

This is the Basic Prometheus Tinder kit - it comes jammed full of what you would need to have fire in an emergency situation - and are easy on the bank too.

DiomedesIndustriesPrometheusTind-4.jpg

This kit comes in two parts - A PSK style tinder kit, and refill kit.

The PSK tinder kit comes in a pocket sized tin with:

1) A custom handled 3/16 inch by 3 inch firesteel from www.firesteel.com. The pine handle has been soaked for 24 hours in boiled linseed oil and epoxied to the top for durability and longevity

2) A striker. Made for Firesteels's and super sharp. This tosses huge sparks on to your tinder. One strike will likely be enough.

3) A 5 foot roll of 3 strand Jute Twine (this catches sparks from the firesteel or charcloth)

4) A roll of charcloth (hand made in my back yard from pure 100 percent cotton). A single spark will cause this to smolder and can be blown into flame. You only need a little bit

5) Four sticks of fat wood. Once the jute is burning, add a few sticks of fat wood for a long flame. If everything in your kit gets wet - shave this stuff very thin and spark it with your firesteel. It will take.

6) 5 chunks of bike inner tube (when you have your fatwood going - this will burn hot and long.

7) One nice chunk of Tinder Fungus, used as a fire starter (can catch a spark) or a coal extender (will smolder for a very long time). This is hand selected, dried, and cut to make sure you get the best parts of the fungus.

All of this is secured with a one inch ranger band (inner tube) which itself can be used for fire.

The tin itself is stamped with the Delta Symbol so you can tell what kit you have in your hands in low light situations.

DiomedesIndustriesPrometheusTind-3.jpg

The refill kit comes with:

1) Two extra rolls of charcloth
2) Two extra bundles of jute twine - 3 ply, dry and extremely flammable.
3) Eight more sticks of fatwood.
4) 10 more intertube rings.
5) 2 More chunks of Tinder Fungus
6) An extra Ranger band for securing your kit.

DiomedesIndustriesPrometheusTinderK.jpg

Here is how to use Prometheus tinder kit :

1) Untwist some jute twine and buff it.
2) Cut a few curls of fatwood and pile them up.
3) Get out your intertube and a single section of charcloth.

TinderBoxForSale007.jpg

4) Spark your firesteel onto you charcloth. This was one strike and I had an ember going.

TinderBoxForSale008.jpg

5) Pile the jute twine on to the charcloth and blow it into flame.

TinderBoxForSale009.jpg

6) Add the pile of fatwood shavings.

TinderBoxForSale010.jpg

7) Add your innertube (if needed) to extend your flame.

TinderBoxForSale011.jpg

This test pile used very little of the Tinder Kits resources and burned for over five minutes. If you can't get a fire from that - you may need to call Prometheus himself!

TinderBoxForSale012.jpg

Cost and Payment Information:

23 dollars shipped and paypalled.

paypal info: jmoulenbelt (at) hotmail (dot) com

TF

dang it i missed the sale. got my kit yesterday and its very solid set up . thank you sir it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Let's call it 19 dollars for the refill kit. All of the work is in the processing of the materials.

TF

Got it a couple of days ago, great stuff. My mom was stuffing their survival kit full of kitchen matches and I wanted to surprise her with a Ferro rod.

I stole some of the fatwood for myself :D

Back