Disappointed once again by Survive!. S!K issues are getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there will be more shipping notices coming for the rest of us too, my 2.7 presale order is 9656 so maybe a few more days. Perhaps the dam is about to break open and we will all be flooded with our long awaited knives (just trying to put a bunch of positive energy out there!):)

Yeah , I have a 7/7 on order, I was going to order a 4.1 second, but I'm gonna wait and see how the 7 goes first. Think I'm gonna put some money down on a Randall in the meantime [emoji869]

These issues are not our fault

As someone who has done this many times with many companies, I can't stress enough how badly you need to change this view of your delivery problems.

You are so far back in my rear view mirror I can't even see you, but I wish it weren't so because I really like your products. I hope that someday someone can fix it, because I'd really like to buy directly from you, but I know from experience that anyone who believes the above is not that person.

As someone who has done this many times with many companies, I can't stress enough how badly you need to change this view of your delivery problems.

You are so far back in my rear view mirror I can't even see you, but I wish it weren't so because I really like your products. I hope that someday someone can fix it, because I'd really like to buy directly from you, but I know from experience that anyone who believes the above is not that person.

That quote is entirely out of context. You didn't even quote the entire sentence, which was in relation to the problems we have encountered with the materials we have been receiving, not delivery problems.

These issues are not our fault, but they are our responsibility.

On the topic of delivery issues, we are taking that very seriously. In addition to coming up with more efficient workshop processes, we have also been making changes in the way we list knives by extending our delivery estimates.

If this thread is going to degrade into cheap shots, it will be closed.

That quote is entirely out of context. You didn't even quote the entire sentence, which was in relation to the problems we have encountered with the materials we have been receiving, not delivery problems.

On the topic of delivery issues, we are taking that very seriously. In addition to coming up with more efficient workshop processes, we have also been making changes in the way we list knives by extending our delivery estimates.

If this thread is going to degrade into cheap shots, it will be closed.

I haven't ordered a knife lately, however I am keeping my eye on those 4.1's. Are you guys close to delivering within the 90 days you are estimating for the factory seconds? When are there going to be some Ugly Betty's again? I would really like another knife and those Ugly Betty's would fit the bill nicely. Thanks in advance for the response. I know you all are busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last excuse provided to me for a late delivery, was materials problems.

When facts feel like cheap shots you know things aren't well, but I hope they work out eventually.

These issues are not our fault, but they are our responsibility.

The last excuse provided to me for a late delivery, was materials problems.

When facts feel like cheap shots you know things aren't well, but I hope they work out eventually.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. How are handle scales that warp that are made by a third party the fault of S!K? Regardless, Ellie took responsibility in the part of her post that you didn't quote. There's plenty that SURVIVE! needs to work on, but misquoting Ellie doesn't address any of it.

They've got a crap load of stuff to get straightened out without the need to cherry pick quotes. That was unnecessary and misrepresented the spirit of the conversation. :thumbdn:

Last edited:
Besides, the purpose of this thread was to let Hale Storm report on the status of his knife order.
Have you received it yet?

In my humble opinion, if the OP Hale Storm should be unavailable to confirm the receipt of his GSO-2.7, Ellie ought to be able to go ahead and close this thread once she can check at her own end that the tracking shows the package containing that 2.7 as delivered. I really think that at that time this issue is closed and this thread if kept open just attracts unnecessary negativity and unease. Further in order to limit these types of threads that seem to invoke some extreme emotions when they are posted, the "Ask Ellie a Question" thread perhaps ought to be posted as a sticky thread.

this thread if kept open just attracts unnecessary negativity and unease

Excuse me while I cherry pick. 😀

0325636d1fc15e4e20e484290a709b80.jpg

I didn't pay an exorbitant markup for any one of those knives and I'm actually short at least one 2.7. I didn't grow old and die waiting, I didn't have any special consideration from Survive!, I just paid casual attention.

What the... How did that Survive!/Bark River/ Ambush! knife sneak in there....

fcba27b332ac4d061a9f902b93d0d9a2.jpg

In my humble opinion, if the OP Hale Storm should be unavailable to confirm the receipt of his GSO-2.7, Ellie ought to be able to go ahead and close this thread once she can check at her own end that the tracking shows the package containing that 2.7 as delivered. I really think that at that time this issue is closed and this thread if kept open just attracts unnecessary negativity and unease. Further in order to limit these types of threads that seem to invoke some extreme emotions when they are posted, the "Ask Ellie a Question" thread perhaps ought to be posted as a sticky thread.

I'm still waiting. Tracking says it left Idaho and is in Spokane.

I'm still waiting. Tracking says it left Idaho and is in Spokane.

Excellent news Hale Storm, and Congrats! Looking forward to pix.

I'll be dropping by the Survive! forum more often now to see how things are progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back