Disappointed

How do you think I feel??? Those other sneaky bastages keep stealing my rightful due of 18" Pens and Bolos and M43s!!!

Man, I love this forum! Everybody trying to help out and encourage a potential sharklet that could, in the future, snag a dream blade from them.

What good folks over here. Well done!:thumbup:

Yes, some of these modern-day knights of the round table will take a long time to thoughtfully compose a carefully-phrased good-guy answer to a scurrillious thread question... you just swoop in and scarf up a blade, or all of them. :D Has worked many times for me.

Mike

Hey.. just be thankful that you guys can still order and get a Khuk shipped to you...

After my brush with customs over my Balance, it's end of the road for me.. they are not going to tolerate anymore khuks.. no matter how beautiful the handle... game over.. no more khuks for me!!!!!! (glad to say I at least scored on a stunning Balance, so its really the one Khuk for the rest of my life, unless of course I go to the States for a holiday..mm...)

Anyone knows of any top secret packaging material that will show up a soft toy on the x-ray screen instead of a packaged khuk??

Now.. i just look at the DOTD and drool!!!!! (of course the fact that by the time DOTD is posted is always 4-5 hours past my bedtime does not help either...)

U, my friend, at least still have a fighting chance..

while sharking may seem fast and harsh to the newbie...

at least we don't actually post fake attempts to get people to jump in early and invalidate their attempts. such antics apparently actually being supported and cheered on by everyone involved. har har. i gave up on that game. insiders all ;)

here? we're all brothers, as long as you let me get the blade i want ;) heh

bladite

while sharking may seem fast and harsh to the newbie...

at least we don't actually post fake attempts to get people to jump in early and invalidate their attempts. such antics apparently actually being supported and cheered on by everyone involved. har har. i gave up on that game. insiders all ;)

here? we're all brothers, as long as you let me get the blade i want ;) heh

bladite

That's right! We want to give everyone a fair chance at these deals, especially as the prices have been jaw-dropping. (A couple misses today hurt with those woods, not that I could afford it of course.)

So that's why we need to let the new guys know that the best time to look for the deals is about 10 p.m. at night PST. They're just wasting their time looking for stuff during the day, and I have that on good authority! (They're going to be called the DOTN from now on.) Also, most of the knives sold on the site here are probably severely defective, so they would for sure be better off buying directly from the site. I mean look at the quality of that stuff today! tsk, tsk. :(

We wouldn't want a new guy to get a dud and then lose him as a customer would we? Better they hang back for a while until quality improves! (Always glad to give a new guy helpful advice. :thumbup: ;) )

And speaking of sharkly deceptions, Mike has got me with that damned trick a few times, or at least I've been bit by it. I'll be propounding on some nit topic at the Cantina and suddenly realize that no one is around cuz they're all over at the DOTD sharking up the goods! :confused: :D

I've missed the last three 18" pens, so I know I'm due for a nice one eventually. At less than half the price of the first _15_ inchers, today's was the best bargain ever on a big pen knife.

Norm

Hey.. just be thankful that you guys can still order and get a Khuk shipped to you...

After my brush with customs over my Balance, it's end of the road for me.. they are not going to tolerate anymore khuks.. no matter how beautiful the handle... game over.. no more khuks for me!!!!!! (glad to say I at least scored on a stunning Balance, so its really the one Khuk for the rest of my life, unless of course I go to the States for a holiday..mm...)

Anyone knows of any top secret packaging material that will show up a soft toy on the x-ray screen instead of a packaged khuk??

Now.. i just look at the DOTD and drool!!!!! (of course the fact that by the time DOTD is posted is always 4-5 hours past my bedtime does not help either...)

U, my friend, at least still have a fighting chance..

Dude, you should just move to the good old USA!! There are lots of Khuks to be had and all the beer you can imagine! What could be better!:)

Re: original post... As a new poster to this forum, I see many deals that I wish I had seen sooner. I'm sure that one time, I'll get the bargain. If not, there's always ordering through the website, though more expensive.

Hang in there, hopefully we both get a good deal eventually!

I've been lurking on this list for the last 6 months or so and have enjoyed the information I've gotten. I particularly enjoy the DOTDs but always seem too late to get in on them.

On 10/13 I just happen to hit the forum about 2 minutes after the DOTD was posted. The DOTD message was posted at 3:27PM (EDT) and I sent an email (from the forum) to Yangdu within 3 minutes of that for the 18" AK. I posted a message to the list at 3:35PM (EDT) noting that I'd sent a mail message. I followed up with two other messages to the forum email before 4pm EDT and a message to her AOL account directly at about 7pm EDT.

I never heard anything about the messages sent and I found out today that it was already sold "first come, first served". Sorry, but I find it very difficult to believe someone could have gotten in there earlier than I did.

If this is an open forum, all I ask is to be treated equally. If this is a private buyers club, then I'm obviously in the wrong place.

Thanks for the information I've gotten, but I think I'll forgo buying from this forum.

...Chuck Darney

Heh, if you think it's tough here, you should try the Busse forum! Instead of a deal pretty much every other day, we only get one every few months. And the events are packed beyond belief, often crashing the entire bladeforums website during the ganzaas. They pretty much always sell out completely in a matter of seconds, 50 knives gone in 45-60 seconds of the Go post. Basically you have to sit at the computer, refreshing the page as fast as you can, non-stop for an hour waiting for the go sign, and even if you're fast enough to get an email out in under 60 seconds, there's still no guarantees, really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Heh, if you think it's tough here, you should try the Busse forum! Instead of a deal pretty much every other day, we only get one every few months. And the events are packed beyond belief, often crashing the entire bladeforums website during the ganzaas. They pretty much always sell out completely in a matter of seconds, 50 knives gone in 45-60 seconds of the Go post. Basically you have to sit at the computer, refreshing the page as fast as you can, non-stop for an hour waiting for the go sign, and even if you're fast enough to get an email out in under 60 seconds, there's still no guarantees, really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Now what'd I'd love to see is for that to happen with no prior announcement. Now that would be chaos! Can you imagine being the guy who accidentally stumbled on that thread? :eek:

Lots of good advice on how to get you're khuk. If I were you I'd jump in and get it done. It only takes one before you're hooked.

Is Yangdu's aol address the one to use for paypal?

Does anyone knows what is the extra to ship in Canada?

Aw, hell I was a little snippy yesterday, but I stand by what I said -- the uncertainty and the sharks are what makes it exciting. Welcome to the fray. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to deal with the police outside my door ( something about a domestic disturbance), take my dog to the vet, and replace my bedroom door. ;)

James

i just happened to notice a crk umfaan for sale a few weeks ago-having learned from a missed H I dod i stated sold before i sent a email-another chap sent a email first then said ill take it-

yes grasshoper learned for once-lol

I can remember a few professional sharks who'd sit at their job (or retired at home) connected via broadband (before it was widely available) with an HI window open on their computers while they worked... and WAIT for a DOTD to post. Remember how hard it was to get a Durba made khuk back in 2001??? The Duck nailed them all, seemingly before it was even posted!!! I was doing the same thing and NEVER got a Durba... until said Duck took pitty on me and presented me with one as a gift. There really is an art to sharking :)

Chuck... don't sit on the sidelines. You'll never score one that way. Just keep trying, using the hints given in this thread. You'll score yours eventually. It is a game and can be a fun one too if you realize that you are going to miss more than you win. But you will win... and then you will be hooked. HIKV exists!!!

Welcome to the Cantina. This really is the greatest place on the internet.

Alan

Is Yangdu's aol address the one to use for paypal?

Does anyone knows what is the extra to ship in Canada?
Yes, the AOL address is the correct one for PayPal, as well as the one for the DOTD. As far as shipping to Canada, you'll have to discuss that with the Lovely Lady.

Yes, the AOL address is the correct one for PayPal, as well as the one for the DOTD. As far as shipping to Canada, you'll have to discuss that with the Lovely Lady.

I wrote the lovely lady, but got no answer :confused:

Maybe one of us just got in the other's junk mail.

The OP has got to be kidding me.

I "grabbed" these the other day six hours after they were posted.

Just saw the DOTD and politely asked.

Sometimes I think this whole "sharking" ethos is overblown. Stuff stays out there for quite awhile. And not only occasionally.

10-16-06001.jpg

Just confirmed for a knife from 10/12, one from 10/13, and one from 10/20. Do always check back to older DOTD to see if knives you may want are still available; it worked for me!

Lot's knife said:
Sometimes I think this whole "sharking" ethos is overblown. Stuff stays out there for quite awhile. And not only occasionally.

Some things stay longer than others. Just try to grab one of those Chitlangi Bowies and you'll see what I mean. BTW, does anyone know if those are still in the offing?

James

Back