Disassembly pics?

Try leaving the pivot in the freezer for about 10 minutes. I had an SKS that the fit was so tight that I had to put some of the pins in the freezer before I could put it back together.
You could also freeze it with canned air turned upside down but don't hold it in your hand. I have done this with press fit bearings with great success.

Manix 2
PIDC5EV.jpg

My Gemini came to me feeling like it had a little opportunity to smooth it out with a cleaning. The detent is such that it fails to flip when vertical and lightswitch flipped, but always fired well push button. I finally got around to getting into it.

3K61nPK.jpg

Cleaned, reassembled dry. Detent is obviously unchanged, but it’s smoothed out. Slightly more crisp, like so...

My Ursa Minor has a perfect detent, can’t fail, and is glassy to close.

ZT 0609

A bit of pivot adjustment really helped this guy.

Notes for posterity:
Free spinning pivot; thread out from the show side.
Lots of factory locktite = lots of heat needed.
Placing leverage bars through the STP Tool holes was mandatory!
T8 spacer screws. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Edited post 207 with a new pic.

I discovered there are bearing races against the Ti. Obviously they’re pretty well fit and I didn’t see them at first. Are there any other ZT’s that have races against Ti?

Edited post 207 with a new pic.

I discovered there are bearing races against the Ti. Obviously they’re pretty well fit and I didn’t see them at first. Are there any other ZT’s that have races against Ti?
Nice pin spanner tool.:thumbsup:

Back