Disassembly pics?

My most recent addition was a ZT 460Ti. Action out of the box on ZT knives
with the steel washer for the bearings to run on instead of the Ti is a major
improvement in my opinion. That being said, 20CV blade, Ti scales, Sinkevich
design...the 460Ti is an epic EDC. Your teardown video on you tube was excellent.
Thank you!

My most recent addition was a ZT 460Ti. Action out of the box on ZT knives
with the steel washer for the bearings to run on instead of the Ti is a major
improvement in my opinion. That being said, 20CV blade, Ti scales, Sinkevich
design...the 460Ti is an epic EDC. Your teardown video on you tube was excellent.
Thank you!

61RfhTXl.jpg

Shirogorov Russian Dr Death single row roller bearing system (SRRBS).

Z7M5mTz.jpg

Interior milling of lockside titanium slab for weight reduction.

mAu8SUK.jpg

CF presentation side slab with underlay washer.

uTb6fRq.jpg

I love that the lanyard attaches to the backspacer. Below that are the body screw and receiver with a Shirogorov pivot bead to the right. Next tier is the interior clip screw, pivot screw, stop pin, and clip.

xQ2JxEJ.jpg

Had another hole-y knife alongside while I worked...

CLWjNBo.jpg

...and all back together.

NP6DEMe.jpg

Last edited:
Shirogorov Hati on PB Washers

Simple knife to work on. All I need is my Shiro hedgehog tool to disassemble. That, and a bit of hand-strength as the machining is so tight it's a bit tough to get apart, particularly getting the backspacer out...

KEPAUri.jpg

Before cleaning, washer polishing, and re-lubing...

H29YrKT.jpg

Pivot assembly, before pic. Note bushing pivot very much like a CRK Sebenza 21...

4ecYy6C.jpg

Two years' worth on gunk inside cleaned up with rubbing alcohol and a couple wood-handled cotton swabs...

KAfGv1B.jpg

Washers buffed up on an old loaded strop. The one on the left is actually reflecting a ceiling beam above...

cUH7GVx.jpg

Ready to go back together...

7KUqN05.jpg

...and just waiting for the show side slab...

XoJDUtk.jpg

All back together with W10 NanoOil in the pivot and a dot of FinishLine on the detent ball--wicked smooth and flipping great...

BLvtEi0.jpg

The action on my F95T work user was getting sluggish and it had been some time since I'd had it apart so I took advantage of a rest/goof-off day to clean it out and re-lube. Tools and supplies....

1MrOc91.jpg

Knife opened up. The infamous loose bearings stayed almost perfectly in place on one side in their recess while the retainer/cage came away with the blade. The other side stayed intact.

rwO0vXx.jpg

That's not grease--it's NanoOil and job site dirt. Time for a cleaning, ya think?

JP72akH.jpg

Bearings soaking in a dish of alcohol waiting to be separated and cleaned; cages and hardware likewise flooded and awaiting a wipe down.

jdoNvlw.jpg

lSZdAxV.jpg

Everything clean and ready to go back together.

XMWagYe.jpg

One side all done with the blade back in and the other side ready for the bearings. They've somehow become magnetized and stick to the tweezer so I have to get each close to being in place hanging off one prong and push it off and in with the wooden swab handle. I got two on the tweezer at one point, closed it and one flew off. I heard it bounce off the wall and hit the wood floor near the edge of the carpet. It's hard to believe I actually found it.

Edit: Turns out the tweezer is magnetic, though the tiny bearings may actually pic up a charge from it as they stick to the pivot shaft if misplaced.

PJhWOsB.jpg

Last edited:
Back