Disassembly pics?

Anton Tkachenko Paradox Lock

oGZOssR.jpg

7rZoOpI.jpg

djmJwtc.jpg

Shirogorov Hati
IMG_8430.jpg
PB washers on this version with internal
milling. Only 4.2 oz thanks to a solid CF show side.

IMG_8432.jpg
Looking closely the detent ball can be seen on the pocket clip to keep it from wandering.

IMG_8433.jpg
Pivot bushing and washers disassembled.

Cleaned everything up and polished the washers, bushing, pivot, and blade tang, then lubed with 10w Nano oil.

IMG_8434.jpg

IMG_8435.jpg
Back together again and ready for action!

Last edited:
Strider SnG disassembled to install new scale. It wasn't really too yucky inside. This was snapped with the old scale before I decided to do a more thorough cleaning as well as re-polishing the washers.

dflGNLi.jpg

Here it is with the new VZ Slant scale.

HUZYoVY.jpg

This is my only Strider which I spent a fair amount of time tweaking when I first picked it up all-but-BNIB off the Exchange a while back just to try one. It took a while to get the action nice, centered with a decent edge, and cure the lock-stick that got worse the more it broke in. Very fussy knife, this, in terms of adjustment as the lock-stick is back with the new scale installed. I'm pencil-leading the tang for now and will see where it goes from here.

Last edited:
Factor Equipment Verve i modified the handle on a while back to remove the pointy monstrousity on an otherwise nice folder. IMG_9241.jpg IMG_9242.jpg

Ground the point off with my little belt grinder and 120 grit.IMG_9246.jpg

Then disassembled to clean and hand sand.
IMG_9247.jpg

Hand sanded with 220 grit and restored the edge chamfers to bring the lines back. Still needs a little more finish work and re-anodizing but much more comfortable now.
IMG_9248.jpg

Matched the existing shape best as possible. Turned out ok and much more functional now without the point digging in my palm (and better looking).IMG_9243.jpg IMG_9249.jpg

Please me more about this bearing upgrade.
I’m open to a PM or I’ll see it here.

They are all metal caged SS bearings from a knife maker supply house online. Did the same bearing upgrade on my Spyderco domino as I've found those 2 models (and Southard) stock polymer caged bearings tend to stick (swell up?) over time killing the action. While my domino is not drop shut it is a noticeable improvement and an inexpensive upgrade.

Attachments

• 53C73AF6-7123-4DF9-AAEE-573BA85E1725.png
    53C73AF6-7123-4DF9-AAEE-573BA85E1725.png
    86 KB · Views: 24
The stonewashed handles on this Kershaw Lucha were way too slick for me so I gave it a beadblast for grip and then two-toned...flips SO much better now. Doesn't even feel too heavy now that I'm not worried about it flying out of my hand.

screenshot_20200614-115852_photos-2-jpg.1359072
screenshot_20200614-115845_gallery-2-jpg.1359073

Back