Discontinued Becker knives

Which one do you think should be brought back?

• BK1 Brute

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • BK4 Machax

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • BK5 Magnum Camp

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • BK6 Patrol Machete

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • BK12 Doug Ritter

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • BK20 Bundock Bowie

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • BK29 Moses Bowie

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • BK3 Tac Tool

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • BK15

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • BK17

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
I'm a huge fan of the 15.

The blade shape is perfect. I'd buy another at a reasonable price if I found one.

A word of caution on the 6, it’s not meant to do the very difficult jobs. Save those for the 9, 20, 21, and 29. I once had the 6 flex on me while pulling it out of a log and I was pretty sure I bent it (thankfully not the case). As @Tanker 1/66 has pointed out, “patrol = light duty”.
I now own my 2nd BK6, (paid too much for it), but it was new in the box. My 1st was used, and bent when I got it, right at the handle to blade region. It did straighten out though. :)
sLcg2Fn.jpg

3YgzTOX.jpg

Breaking News KABAR’S plastic scales for the 14/24 are discontinued. I wonder if that means maybe Micarta in the future or maybe a longer knife and the 14 will be joining the knives above :D

Possible swan song for the 14. Probably will be joining the 24 with the beckers above.

Oh - thx for the heads up! - I already have a stable of well used / abused 14s - need to get some NIBs before they are disco'd... (Maybe they now introduce the 14 with the bit longer handle :))

- just ordered myself another 14 (one can never have enough 14s)

Last edited:
Oh - thx for the heads up! - I already have a stable of well used / abused 14s - need to get some NIBs before they are disco'd... (Maybe they now introduce the 14 with the bit longer handle :))

- just ordered myself another 14 (one can never have enough 14s)
Hopefully they keep the 14 because of its compactness and come out with a longer handle version :)

I'm actually out of 14s and down to 2 24's.
Getting a set of tkc extended burlap scales for Xmas for one of them, too.

I only have a 24. Ive been wanting to pick up a couple 14s but i get sidetracked with other knives. The 14/24 sure is a lot more usable than the 11. I hope the 14 has many more years left in production.

By all means buy more 14's. Just don't think Ka bars disco of the plastic handles equals the disco of the 14 itself.

By all means buy more 14's. Just don't think Ka bars disco of the plastic handles equals the disco of the 14 itself.
It sure doesn’t and not sure if the 14 will be disco but I’m sure the plastic handle’s are :p

I had no idea, I might need those.
yeah - someone else posted a pic of them, said they're actually just a little longer than the extended izula scales and no need to fine tune them to fit right.

5DFD3A55-7315-4653-B4CA-755E99072C9A.jpeg
I kinda wish the extended area was a bit finished better around the loop o_O I’m going to stick with the short version for now:rolleyes:
4E2DD59E-645D-41A1-94FB-4D62EBB57293.jpeg

Last edited:
Back