Discontinued Spydies for 2020

I got a notice, in my email, from Knife Center (OK to mention KC, right?), that they were having their annual Spyderco sale. This sale was up to 59% off, on some of the discontinued Spydies.

I probably shouldn't have opened the email, as it cost me close to $350. I purchased an Advocate, and a Magnitude. To be honest, I wasn't planning on buying either. Oh well, the deals were too good to resist!

Anybody else grabbing anything, on the list, of discontinued Spyderco swag?

ETA #1: Oh crap, can somebody post the list? :D

ETA #2: See below

Official Comprehensive Discontinued List for 2020

BY03TIP2 - Cara Cara 2 Titanium
BY04TIP2 - Meadowlark 2 Titanium
BY10TIP2 - Robin 2 Titanium
C07GP4 - Police 4 G-10
C28S - Dragonfly Stainless SPY
C28SBK2 - Dragonfly 2 Black SPY
C69GP3 - Lil’ Temperance 3 G-10
C82GP3 - D'Allara 3
C91SYL - Pacific Salt Yellow SPY (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C91PYL - Pacific Salt Yellow PLN (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C91SBK - Pacific Salt Black SPY (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C91PBK - Pacific Salt Black PLN (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C91PBBK - Pacific Salt Black Blade PLN (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C91SBBK - Pacific Salt Black Blade SPY (Look for the Pacific Salt 2 in 2020)
C123CFP - Sage 1 Carbon Fiber
C152STIBLP - Chaparral Blue Stepped Ti
C152STIP - Chaparral Stepped Ti
C170GP - Karahawk G-10 Satin
C193PGY - Squarehead Lightweight Gray
C193PBK - Squarehead Lightweight Black
C203TIP - Mantra 2 Titanium
C212CFP - Magnitude Carbon Fiber
C214TIP - Advocate Titanium
C218GP - Opus G-10
C219GP - Q-Ball G-10
C224GP - Lil’ Sub-Hilt G-10
C225GP - Hundred Pacer
C227GP - Hanan G-10
FB38GP - Junction
K11S - Cooks Knife SPY
TSMCO - T-Shirt Men’s Colorado Flag
TSMRHP - T-Shirt Men’s Reliable High Performance
TSMTWK - T-Shirt Men’s Those Who Know

Last edited:
I would have bought an Advocate a LONG time ago at that price. SCORE!!!

edit:

Yeah.... Microtech came today. Advocate will be here before Friday. Now I need to explain how I didn't violate the one knife a week "rule". Awesome!

Last edited:
I couldn't say no! I wonder if it will be the updated version? Either way, great deal, IMO!

I think of my GB1 as one of the finest knives I own. But I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the Advocate. Been the shopping cart more times than I care to mention!

But yeah, I couldn't say no nor sleep on it. Must has.

I think of my GB1 as one of the finest knives I own. But I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the Advocate. Been the shopping cart more times than I care to mention!

But yeah, I couldn't say no nor sleep on it. Must has.

You've got one coming? I didn't mean to "advocate" this purchase, you know that, right? :D

I have a GB1, as well - it's magnificent, IMO! Personally, I like the GB1 better than the GB2. It reminds me of a bank vault, when it closes!

You've got one coming? I didn't mean to "advocate" this purchase, you know that, right? :D

I have a GB1, as well - it's magnificent, IMO! Personally, I like the GB1 better than the GB2. It reminds me of a bank vault, when it closes!

Ordered one. The M-4 Mantra slipped through my hands. "I'll get it tomorrow". Live and learn.

We both know this a site OF enablers FOR enablers. LOL.

The one I was really waiting for was the Hundred Pacer, but I don't think it's actually discontinued, and at only 44% off, I'll maybe keep that one on hold.

I might pick up a Magnitude. It's a knife I was interested in a few years ago.

The Opus has been in my cart a few times, as has the Sage 1. It’s very tempting to pick one up.

The full list is on Spyderco’s forum. For whatever reason my cut/paste attempts have failed. :-(

The Opus has been in my cart a few times, as has the Sage 1. It’s very tempting to pick one up.

The full list is on Spyderco’s forum. For whatever reason my cut/paste attempts have failed. :-(

I just edited my first post, and added it. I got it from Kristi Hunter's post, on FB.

Looks like the Police 4 is gone already...But the discount looks to be off of MSRP so it's actually not that huge of a discount or am I missing something?

Looks like the Police 4 is gone already...But the discount looks to be off of MSRP so it's actually not that huge of a discount or am I missing something?
There's another thread here on Bladeforums about lock rock problems with the G10 Police 4

Thsnks for the heads up. Found a Pac Salt for $60 and grabbed that as a backup just in case the new model does switch it to lc200n

A Hundred Pacer wouldnt be too shabby.
I got a notice, in my email, from Knife Center (OK to mention KC, right?), that they were having their annual Spyderco sale. This sale was up to 59% off, on some of the discontinued Spydies.
Quite alright. Forum supporting vendor.

So the Hundred Pacer is on the discontinued list, just not very deeply discounted. Leaves me wondering whether to wait to see if it goes down further or just jump on it.

TBH, there's only really two kinds of Spydercos I buy these days - (i) core Golden models in interesting steel variations (e.g. M390 Para 3 was the last knife I got, I've ordered the CruCarta Shaman, and would like to get a military in CruWear / 4V / 3V), and (ii) some of the more unique models when they show up with discontinued discounts - at normal retail they just aren't worth it to me. NB: I'm saying that as someone who already has a lot of knives, including Spydies, and so limited rational reasons to get more.

The Opus looks nice - very sleek and ergonomic. I just have zero need for another black G10 / s30v blade, even if it is a nice design.

There's another thread here on Bladeforums about lock rock problems with the G10 Police 4

Please do not spread misinformation. Spyderco never acknowledged that there is a lock issue with Police 4. The Police 4 in that thread is more likely an isolated instance.

They're discontinuing the Police 4 G10? It's not discounted at KC below MAP, which suggests the contrary.

If they do discontinue it, that would only leave the LW and stainless versions. Doubt they'd leave out a G10 version, given the fact that the Gen 2/3/4 G10 line goes back over 10 years and that G10 is the de facto standard scale material used these days.

So, is there a Gen 5 G10 version in the works?

Last edited:
They're discontinuing the Police 4 G10? It's not discounted at KC below MAP, which suggests the contrary.

If they do discontinue it, that would only leave the LW and stainless versions. Doubt they'd leave out a G10 version, given the fact that the Gen 2/3/4 G10 line goes back over 10 years and that G10 is the de facto standard scale material used these days.

So, is there a Gen 5 G10 version in the works?

They wouldn't come out with a five model with the lightweight four still unreleased.

Either it's some rolling change that's big enough to change SKU to some degree wihtout calling it by a new model name (like steel maybe), or it's just gone. My bet would be the latter. Big, non stainless, overpriced country of manufacturer: three things that separately can doom sales were all put together on this one.

I bet they planned for low sales and a swap out from the start, with the g10 version sort of a prerelease to make sure the design was ok before tooling up the other models. Spyderco's done that before (Stretch 2 being a recent example). How quickly the other versions came out points to that, too.

Back