Discovery Channel has fired Cody Lundin

His military history when he first applied for the show. He claimed he was a scout sniper when I believe he was only an MP. That's the same type of person that struts around with medals pinned on his uniform that he was never awarded. Inexcusable behavior.

Dave did exaggerate his military background. I believe to took the sniper training, but never did the sniper thing. I always liked Dave and when I watch the old shows, I don't get a sour taste in my mouth, but outright lieing on your resume is a major no-no and one that makes you subject to immediate dismissal.

It will take a while for me to warm up to Matt. He seems a bit too "hippy-like".... cool man, don't step on the flowers, don't hurt the pretty rattlesnake; but put a turkey in front of me that I can sneak up on and make a show of killing it.... probably for balance on the show.

The hippy thing also turned me off about Cody, but I grew used to him including his fart jokes which sort of turned me off. Cody will be just fine with all the publicity about his being teminated or his quitting.

Joe.... just cool it. No needless confrontation, please. Loose some weigh too or keep your shirt on. Your a civilian now. Loose the warrior thing.

Last edited:
Surely they're having Matt push the hippie image pretty hard. I don't believe a hunter as skilled as he is would've allowed that snake to live because it was too beautiful.

Once you have been around a lot of death, letting something live because it is beautiful is not hard at all.

Thing that surprises me, is that Discovery fired Dave Canterbury for boosting his resume, which while it was wrong, he has at least publicly acknowledged and apologized for doing it, but they are sticking with Joe Teti, when it turns out, he's exaggerated his service background as much or more.

Once you have been around a lot of death, letting something live because it is beautiful is not hard at all.
My comment was worded poorly. I dont go around killing beautiful things, but in a survival situation I will eat what I can. I can't see an accomplished survivalist passing up something beautiful to eat in hopes that something ugly comes along instead. I think that was something The Discovery Channel pushed.

Thing that surprises me, is that Discovery fired Dave Canterbury for boosting his resume, which while it was wrong, he has at least publicly acknowledged and apologized for doing it, but they are sticking with Joe Teti, when it turns out, he's exaggerated his service background as much or more.

Oh my! Don't look guys! Just don't! :eek:

My comment was worded poorly. I dont go around killing beautiful things, but in a survival situation I will eat what I can. I can't see an accomplished survivalist passing up something beautiful to eat in hopes that something ugly comes along instead. I think that was something The Discovery Channel pushed.

When you go back to the Rule of 3's and you look at your overall situation, Water to start, then you can make a decision based on all the facts. To each there own, I could live for a few days on my body fat.

So if they are currently writing Joe's part as a dufus foil, when do you suppose he is due for a ride out under the bus?

Discovery works in mysterious ways. Now if Joe should spontaneously decide to blow up his sphagnum moss covered arm then we can confirm the trend.

Maybe they are working on getting up the vig for a contract with some older, wiser geezer who wears a tam? Of course he isn't much on high drama (leaping over waterfalls and wrestling wildlife, ego bumping with costars). I miss Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. ;)

Back