1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Discovery Channel has fired Cody Lundin

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by JD Mandrell, Feb 17, 2014.

1. baldtaco-II

baldtaco-II

Feb 28, 2006
    By the seem of it that Cody bloke if it's on water.

2. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    What if it were across broken lava, obsidian, coral and acatia thorns? :)

3. scotsmanspride

scotsmanspride

Jan 6, 2009
    I met Cody the first time around 12 years ago when I worked a side job at REI. We ended up trekking for over an hour and ended up chatting for extended periods several other occasions. He truly is a very good natured straight forward person. Actually pretty big guy in person but very soft spoken. And yes his feet are crazy calloused and watched him walk around on pavement in temps that made sandals uncomfortable.... I cut my cable in January due to my personal view of it being one of the largest downfalls of our culture.... I will miss watching him on the show

4. baldtaco-II

baldtaco-II

Feb 28, 2006
    Dunno, even Ninja have Tabi to defeat deployed Lego Stingers and upturned plugs on the 03.00 assault on the long-drop. Now if he had a loincloth and a vine ...

5. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    My first thought as well.

6. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I think I watched one episode.

7. tholiver

tholiver

Feb 22, 2003
    I wonder what they wanted him to do. Considering all the mindbogglingly stupid stuff Discovery had Bear Grylls do the possibilities are almost endless.

8. baldtaco-II

baldtaco-II

Feb 28, 2006
    Write an original book without regurgitating ideas belonging to other people.

9. Smithhammer

Smithhammer

Nov 9, 2012
    I could see how that might turn into a safety issue. :D

10. JWL

JWL

Jul 20, 2010
    Which ideas, and who do they belong to? Isn't his entire ethos about rediscovering ancestral and aboriginal knowledge and teaching others how to rediscover it themselves? Who holds the copyright on ancestral customs?

11. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    Of course, if any of these guys actually was seen walking on water, every forum would light up the next day with "X can't swim".

12. jobasha11

jobasha11

Oct 9, 2013
    Um... I just saw a commercial for a new season of dual survival with Joe and Cody starting April 23rd. Was this already taped before he quit?

13. tholiver

tholiver

Feb 22, 2003
    Yeah i think so. I remember reading months ago they had most of a season in the can already. I think the dispute occurred while filming what was to be the following season.

14. zpstl321

zpstl321

Sep 20, 2012
    Dave had to tie a rope around him and pull him across the river on one of the shows. One two other shows they had to make flotation devices for him to help him across the water... I don't think he can swim. :)

15. aktrekker

aktrekker

Feb 12, 2014
    On one episode Cody swam the river and pulled Dave across.

16. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    Well, I guess Cody can swim but can he solve for "x"?

17. orangehero

orangehero Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Hopefully Ray Mears will be given the job. No comparison in terms of charisma and attitude.

18. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    This! LOL!

19. Angus McGunnigle

Angus McGunnigle

Jan 1, 2013
    Does anyone know exactly why the relationship between Cody and Discovery ended ?

20. Woods Walker

Woods Walker

Jun 3, 2010
    Discovery:

"Ok Cody this is the part when you jump off a 90 foot cliff drinking your own piss on the way down into glacier fed river.

Cody:

"No."

Discovery:

"Your're fired."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014