Discussions & Knife Giveaway

Also maybe you can get a connection with other online stores including Bladeforums, and set up a kind of store type place this way whenever a place to buy knives is mentioned people will also include:
THE AMERICAN KNIFE AND TOOL INSTITUTE

This may be one that would be wise to set up for it could result in great number of people joining in the long-run.......

Also try to get a solid foundation maybe a catch phrase or someting, like fully explain what you are and what your goals are, wwhich you have done, then try and sum it up in maybe a couple words, like KNIVES FOR THE WHOLE WORLD or KNIFE RIGHTS or PROTECT YOUR KNIVES, or something to that extent, this way everyone will certainly know what you are and what you stand for solidly, I mean your name kinda says it all but try to think of a phrase.

This would also help to attract a younger type of kids and attract the more lazy mpeople that are too lazy to read....

Also,

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE JOIN AKTI?

have some statement about the future and how people are now seriously cracking down on knives, and probally make some statement about automatic knives and how you are working toward rights for certain people.

Because people are now cracking down on knives in schools and there is now a zero tolerance rule so this may help encourage people to join AKTI......

Maybe another good idea would be is to state in your banners or any of your adds how many people currently are members of AKTI, like Mcdonalds has that sold to over 90 billion people...

In our case or i mean your case, you could say CURRENTLY OVER 5,000 MEMBERS or something to that extent, this way people wont think that they are the only ones that would be spending moey on this and so they wont think that it is a waste of money because other people belong to this club....

Ummm........

JBilleB are you still out there

I havent heard from you in a long time now??

Is everything allright
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MICKEY77 (edited 02-07-2000).]

Yes, thanks, I'm still here. Had a trip for a couple days and ended up in one of those hotel situations where it was impossible to get the phone line to work with my modem. Feel lost when I can't connect any more!

There's some great ideas going here. We have an AKTI board meeting next week and I'm going to take them along. Any others you want to add before Wed.?

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

YES, well...

AKTI should also have you telephone number or your website address clearly marked on the add of your, Because the adds of yours that I saw the number or website is unclear, By doing this you will reach out to those who are impulsive and want to join "NOW"

Also make sure when they visit your site it is extra user friendly....

THANX for this knife giveaway opporunty and I was just wondering if I was going to be entered because of all these ideas I gave??

And am I going tobe entered in more than one of the drawings you are having because I noticed you have several knives that are up for grabs...

I say this because I myself am very impulsive and I dont own much knives
smile.gif

THANX AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
My Email is - Hero47@juno.com -
smile.gif
redface.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
frown.gif
tongue.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
cool.gif
smile.gif

smileyshot2.gif

[This message has been edited by MICKEY77 (edited 02-09-2000).]

Also another topic you might want to address is, how do we keep our members we already have....

If you have enough money then you could get more people to join and keep the members you have at the same time by lowering renewal fee to those that are already member, it doesnt have to be much maybe like 5 to 10 bucks or something, then people will look at it and say I might as well join and if I renew next year, it will be cheaper....

just a thought,
I hope you get to catch these last posts of mine.....

Meeting is this week - on my way out the door.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

So whats up with this contest have you talked to them yet??
Anyway I am just super anxious whenever there is a contest with knives involved
wink.gif

We had a terrific meeting and very productive. A lot of ideas were discussed. Sal or I will be posting a new thread with the contest - but not before the first week of March.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

I thought this was the Knife giveaway???
I thought that you posted your ideas and then you were entered in the contest???

Anywaywhere will you posting this contest will it be here in the AKTI forum ior in the General Knife discussion Forum????
Email me............

No, this thread was to get ideas for topics for the contest. A new thread in the AKTI forum will be posted for each contest topic, along with the contest rules.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

[This message has been edited by JBilleb (edited 02-23-2000).]

So will my ideas not be entered into this coming up contest???
DAG...
Oh well, at least I gave some good ides
wink.gif

We need to incress the intrest in knives as tools on a local level as well.

I made a knife for the Mayor of the town I lived in. Before I gave it to him I called the newspaper and told them about it and that I was going to present it to him. They sent a photographer to the Mayors office and took pictures. That turned into an full page artical with pictures of my shop. I was able to talk about how knives were made and why there were so many different types. In other words "knives were tools".

That turned into an invitation to speek at a Rotary Club meeting where I was able to do the same and then answer questions. It was a first for me and I was told later that the question and answer session lasted longer than any other one ever.

That lead to a discussion with a Royal Rangers group of boys at a church. Boy, That was fun!

That first knife for the Mayor lead to being able to get information out to hundreds of people.

What I am trying to say is I think people, for the most part, don't have any idea that there is a knife community out there and they are hungry for the information that we can share.

Thank you for letting me roam all over with my opinion.

Back