DISKIN USA At The 2015 Blade Show (HURAK PrOJECT DONE)

Well guys and gals here we are winding down to the show of shows ...... The mother of all knife shows

We here at DISKIN USA want to cordully invite everyone attending to please come by the booth

First and foremost we have a lot going on

I will be updating this thread thru out the next week or so as the show grows closer and I will be doing videos at the booth much like last year ......except only better

Are booth had dramatically grown in size and we will be in a quad setup with Chad Nichols , Les George , Steve Kelly and George P

Truly great stuff

We will be shooting videos at the show so if you are a maker and want to come by please do

Regretfully we will not have the New DA Auto available for the show but I'm still hoping to have a prototype to display

More importantly after last years first day sell out of the new Flipper Matt has really buckled down to get a few done so gat I don't sell out in the first few hours :)

There will be some exciting variants with fluting and different anodizing

How many Matt will get done is up in the air at this time

This very desirable knife has been selling out at every show this past year and we anticipate the demand to be much greater than the supply

If hanging out with me is not reason alone to come by we here at DISKIN USA are proud to announce we will be hosting some very special knife happenings

Many will remember the open bid auction that we hosted for none other than Jason Knight and his integral Khukuri

It was very exciting and would be rather hard to top

Wel how about these apples

A very special From The Metal Mashing Monster Of Mayhem A Damascus Gladius

From Jason:

Mainz pattern Gladius 70BC to 70AD
15n20 1084 Damascus
African Blackwood bronze
The blade is 2.85"wide
.190 thick and tapers
20"
Handle is 7" overall 4" grip
it weighs less than 2 pounds
I was challenged to make this sword specifically Gladius
I chose the Mainz pattern
The sword had to be able to cut and stab a shield
Cut through a 6 x 6 also several ballistic gel dummies were used in the testing
Sword was unharmed
I also cut up a 35 gallon steel drum by cutting the rim and stabbing through it
Actually chopping it up into very small lumps of metal

This sword passed all of the testing that was done to it
And also remained beautiful
finish nor the construction were damaged
Certain parts on the edge did get dull ballistic gel dummies have bones that have steel wires running through them
The company who did this testing valued the sword at $10,000
Based on the time it took and the quality of its construction also the fact it passed all of their testing and far surpassed all of the other applicants

Much more to come .....hang on

[video=youtube_share;y3B2I76qmXs]http://youtu.be/y3B2I76qmXs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;DM--GLd7yxU]http://youtu.be/DM--GLd7yxU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;jeO1SFWDHRY]http://youtu.be/jeO1SFWDHRY[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;zOTvf_ZAj4I]http://youtu.be/zOTvf_ZAj4I[/video]

[video=youtube_share;jxjMtJvf-vs]http://youtu.be/jxjMtJvf-vs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;4TfrxjMGWCg]http://youtu.be/4TfrxjMGWCg[/video]

Also

I will be a announcing not one project From Jason Knight but TWO over the next few days and taking orders at the show

The first

You asked for it ....... you wanted it ......... The baddest Kukuri in all the land

Kukuri Project II

12 slots available

Jason made these even faster and even sharper if that's possible

from Jason :

2015 Kukri
Course this is Sam Lurkins favorite knife in the world
11 inch blade 5 1/4 inch handle
This Kukri is 1.5" shorter then the Kukri that we did in 2012
It also has a dovetailed bolster The steel is 80 CRV 2
This steel is very similar to 5160 with a higher carbon content and greater where resistance

And the handle material is black fine weave canvas micarta specially made for a military contractor
I was fortunate enough to get some for this project

This Prototype is on its way to me right now and I will be doing much better Pics and a video teaser

This is the photo and it is the only one that will have a White Handle :)

Last not least since Jason has brought the ancient art of the fuller back in such a high order :)

I can remember speaking with Jason on Fullered blades years ago and man oh man has he taken them to another level

The last project that we will be hosting at Blade From Jason is A Fullered Fighter that screams I'm so fast you didn't enpven know you were cut kinda speed :)

From Jason :

25 slots available

Super bad ass black concealable fighting knife
This knife is for fighting poverty
Especially mine
Its blade is forged of 52100 from Krupps in
Germany
This Knight has a 5 inch blade and five inch handle
The finish is my blackout finish which is done by a process of rust bluing
Which produces a nice satin black finish which is far more durable than any hand rubbed finish
It actually takes a bit longer to do than a hand rub finish
Fullered blade has a hollow ground clip which is sharpen and a flat ground primary bevel for the edge
Handle is G10
Has my signature flint napped effect which is very comfortable and easy to hold on to
this knife is based on a folder that I am working on

I am sorry for the pics guys Matt and Jason may be super talented in metal but not with a camera :)

The Khukuri and Fighter are on their way to me

At that time expect a video and proper pics

The Gladius we don't want to risk in the mail but I will get it to Coop in Atlanta for proper pics

Last edited:
After last years great success of the Sam Lurquin Tsavo Project

Sam has graciously agreed to doing another

This one will be a special run Hurak Project

It will have some features that sets it apart from his standard Hurak ......if there is such a thing

For those that know the Hurak all Ivan say ........is that it's a big little knife with an attitude

As soon as I have details on the number of slots and a photo of the proto I will post it up

This is truly going to be a great year for Sam with going for his MS Stamp

Sample Hurak (NOT PROJECT KNIFE)

Also my Brother From Another Mother David Mirabile will be with me and we can always count on some award winning steel coming from this Neanderthal :)

Truly epic times at the Worlds Biggest Knife Show

Come by the DISKIN USA Booth

Let the circus begin :)

Last edited:
Hi Joe, will the fighters be first come first serve at Blade? Do you have a price range?

Love both of the new designs, and happy to see the khukri back :D That Gladius is a beast!

Roger that, will have to try and get a proxy in to dash to the front of the line, haha.

Looking forward to the "better" pictures and video :p

edit- just realized that comment you made about the Knight fighter based on a folder you're working on :eek:

Last edited:
Great stuff Brother.....very sorry to miss all of the fun. :(

Hello everyone
I do not often speak on the forums, but ... I just wanted to say my humble opinion here

alot collectors here are expert in cutlery and you probably do not need me here

but on that knife, I can not help but react !!
Kukuri the knife my friend Jason in fact is really a piece really out of the commentary and exeptionnel (although n 'to not need me to here)

this knife that Jason is just done to perfection
I do not mean just disign

but, geometry, heat treatment and Metallurgy, tipping point, speed, study of a knife to a targeted function, finishing choices

and he really managed to achieve perfection in my eyes
this knife is a weapon and a really incredible tool

it is impossible to do better than here (in my eyes)

some say can be, they prefer more worked knives, finest materials, maybe ... but not alot will be able to do that this knife will be able to

for me, art is a just measure and this measure is perfect with this knife

a mythical knife revisited with all the advantages of our time

hehehe, when I see that knife
I often tell me this.... "even the devil himself would be afraid of him!" "

congratulation Brother
and again a huge thank you to Joe for always helped promote our work

thank you to all and very happy to see you again very soon
Sam...

Whoa whoa whoa... Wait a second. That insane looking fullered fighter Jason is making is based on a folder he's making?!?!

Where's the folder!!??!!

Sorry to miss this years Blade...

Love the new 'twist' on the Diskin Flippers! Also wish I could hold that Gladius f/the man himself! You guys will have one of the best 'Tables' at Blade this year... :)

Sorry to miss this years Blade...

Love the new 'twist' on the Diskin Flippers! Also wish I could hold that Gladius f/the man himself! You guys will have one of the best 'Tables' at Blade this year... :)

Eric gonna be a Blade Show to rember

I will also have some Whips on display :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys there... I'll definitely drop by the booth and see you in the pit, Joe... Arm wrestle you for a beer?... winner pays.

Back