Disney not allowing BF on wifi!

It is a different world and precaution is certainly warranted. The security police are the fun and friendly layer. I am sure they have more serious layers likely going all the way up to SWAT.
Doesn't mean we can't get some laughs
PmbFxFr.jpg

I was visiting a patient in a hospital a few years ago, using their free wifi on my ipad, and they had blocked bladeforums because of "weapons".
I would suggest that hospitals and medical organizations worry more about themselves than other groups.

Disney is not the only place that would block weapon related content. The hospital where my daughters were born blocked it and I think my local Ihop blocks it as well.

way off topic and political and shouldn't be here....but hes talking bout the guardians movies director.

back to the topic.....they have filters. my work place has weapon filters among other topics not allowed. YouTube is blocked also. not sure under what topic but it is. I don't care as I'm there to work not play. I play on my breaks on my phone on the cell network not the companies wifi.

Get this, standing in line at Disney World, on free wifi connection, blazing fast
Attempt to navigate to BF, get an error message, try three more times no go
Turn wifi off, go to cell service, imagine this BF up, running, active
Can you believe that Disney has chosen to block this site?
Where am I, Britain
Evil knives!!!

Leave. Simple.

I was visiting a patient in a hospital a few years ago, using their free wifi on my ipad, and they had blocked bladeforums because of "weapons".
I would suggest that hospitals and medical organizations worry more about themselves than other groups.
Same thing here. No BF, no true crime, no streaming sites, nothing. Now on the other hand, you can get this crystal clear, 24-7:
xBt7VhE.jpg

meh. It is their wi-fi system and they can limit their system to what sites they choose, just as BF places certain limits on discussions. And for the same reason. It's a private system, which they are letting you use for free.

It would be different if they blocked the phone linkage itself so as to make it utterly impossible to get to BF while on their property by using your data plan. But as long as you go through their system, and are on their property, what they let their system connect to is up to them.

Look. You people don't know what business issues a private company and private business has. They have to do what's best for them and their shareholders. You have the right to stay away. But you should understand it is in your best interest.
Disney likes to keep it quiet, but they had a terrible problem with Chainsaw Goofy and that's why they are so sensitive about blades

e57e54498ef76abca93814c80249a0f0.jpg

Just at disneyland myself. Going through security you got a bag search first then had to walk through a metal detector. Had no problems at all but only took my SAK, ZW pry bar and tuffwriter pen. Was never questioned or screened for further scrutiny.
Something I found interesting was we took in two full clear water bottles of water that were plainly visible on the bag search and they didn't say a thing. Coulda took in a lot of vodka, haha:D
Never did access the wifi for knife stuff. I know my work blocks weapon related searches but is funky. I can get on Bladehq but blocks most other knife related sites.

Last edited:
Lost a knife once at Disneyland. Total habit threw it my pocket not even thinking. Made it through security:confused: then once in the park a girl came up and asked to borrow my pen. Said I didn’t have a pen then she asked what the clip was on my pocket. Daaammmmmiitttt:( gave me the option to go back to my car or confinscate it and never see it again. Luckily wasn’t expensive. Totally my fault. Kind of impressed how good her eye was to be honest.

My company blocks websites basically weapons and "adult" content. I can still get on here but I do seem to sometimes get blocked on random other knife sites.

Just at disneyland myself. Going through security you got a bag search first then had to walk through a metal detector. Had no problems at all but only took my SAK, ZW pry bar and tuffwriter pen. Was never questioned or screened for further scrutiny.
Something I found interesting was we took in two full clear water bottles of water that were plainly visible on the bag search and they didn't say a thing. Coulda took in a lot of vodka, haha:D
Never did access the wifi for knife stuff. I know my work blocks weapon related searches but is funky. I can get on Bladehq but blocks most other knife related sites.

This is interesting... I had a completely different experience. We went to Disneyland earlier this year, and they refused to let me in the park with my TuffWriter Pen. The kid working the metal detector told me I could surrender my pen to them, or leave. I told him no way you're getting my pen, and hiked back to the car and had to go through the horrendous security line second time.

This is interesting... I had a completely different experience. We went to Disneyland earlier this year, and they refused to let me in the park with my TuffWriter Pen. The kid working the metal detector told me I could surrender my pen to them, or leave. I told him no way you're getting my pen, and hiked back to the car and had to go through the horrendous security line second time.

I had it in my pack when we went through the first section the visual search of bags. When we went through the metal detector they did not scan my pack and just sent it along the table without further search and gave it to me after I passed the metal detector. So technically if I had wanted I could have had anything on my person and put it in my pack after passing the visual search and it would have passed both searches.
I bet I didn't fit profile at all and didn't have any obvious visible clips/bulges/warning flags going through the search or in the park.

Get this, standing in line at Disney World, on free wifi connection, blazing fast
Attempt to navigate to BF, get an error message, try three more times no go
Turn wifi off, go to cell service, imagine this BF up, running, active
Can you believe that Disney has chosen to block this site?
Where am I, Britain
Evil knives!!!

I try not to use public wifi to many issues with malicious stuff can happen. I can see Disney's point they want to keep their place as family friendly as possible. To you a knife is a tool but also I know on this very site there are posts asking how to defend oneself with a knife and such. So I could see how Disney might think they should block this site.

It was years ago, but I think it was similar to this one (Google to the rescue;))

View attachment 963939

~Chip

Honestly I would like to be a Disney Security Officer. I wonder what kind of benefits come with the job.

Look. You people don't know what business issues a private company and private business has. They have to do what's best for them and their shareholders. You have the right to stay away. But you should understand it is in your best interest.
Disney likes to keep it quiet, but they had a terrible problem with Chainsaw Goofy and that's why they are so sensitive about blades

e57e54498ef76abca93814c80249a0f0.jpg

Apparently one time when Disney was working with the voice actor Dante Basco for the cartoon American Dragon Jake Long, Disney showed Dante Basco "adult images" of other Disney characters and told him not to google characters in the cartoon unless he wanted to see stuff like that. I read that online. Not sure if that actually happened I have only seen Dante Basco 2 times and I was told to not ask about this.

I went to Disney World back in 2003. I was 13 or so and with my mom and dad. I had a Swiss Army Knife and a small fist sized crow bar. My dad had a pocket knife. There were no metal detectors and we just had that stuff in our pockets so we just walked by the security check point. My mom's purse had to be searched.

The hospital I was in here in OZ blocked most of my forums, was a wast of time taking in the lap top.:(

Richard

Funny thing is the site isn’t being blocked everywhere on property, hotel...not blocked, not even in all parks/areas
It was blocked in a brand new section of magic kingdom, I actually re-confirmed

Back