Disney not allowing BF on wifi!

My data provider blocks BF, so the only ways I can access it are by using a VPN (unreliable) or WiFi. Fortunately I have zero desire to ever go to Disneyland.

I was visiting a patient in a hospital a few years ago, using their free wifi on my ipad, and they had blocked bladeforums because of "weapons".
I would suggest that hospitals and medical organizations worry more about themselves than other groups.

I was recently in the waiting room as my wife was in for a 5 hr surgery, and the hospital was blocking this place too. It was the longest morning of my life for more reasons than one.

I actually got shoulder tapped in line for my leatherman by one of Disney's plainclothes...at first I didn't take her seriously when she flashed a badge with mouse ears:confused: I should have asked for a pic, lol.

~Chip

Walking into Disney's Animal Kingdom with my wife and daughter about 3 years ago, one of the guys at security noticed the knife clipped in my pocket. He very politely told me to just unclip it and slide it all the way in my pocket so it wasn't visible. He said if one of the plain clothes officers in the park say it, they would ask me to leave, and he didn't want to spoil my day. I'm sure since I was a middle-aged man with a family, and probably spending a good bit of money in the park, I seemed like a safe risk, but still thought it was pretty cool of him.

I was at the Georgia Aquarium a few years ago with the family.
Going through security, I set off alarm. I had, out of habit, failed to pull knife clipped inside front pant pocket.
They very nicely asked me to remove, tagged and bagged it in a clear bag. They said I could retrieve at security when I left.

The funny thing was when I went to security afterwards. It was a little out of the way from the long security entrance line.
They had Row after Row of large clear plastic tubs. Each marked with a letter of the alphabet and most full to the top.
Security representative took my name and she retrieved my knife and told me to enjoy the rest of my weekend. I commented to her that there seemed to be a large quantity of contraband. She rolled her eyes and said I wouldn't believe what some people bring to see a bunch of fish. There were quite a few guns visible in the tubs. She also said it was amazing how many people didn't retrieve their guns/knives/etc.

Back