Disregard post! Sorry! Still a newbie.

Explorer with a straight pin, or Explorer Plus without a pen?

Hey guys! ^_^

So HarglBargl (as he is known in the land of Blade Forums ;]) got me my first Victorinox at REI, it came with a free leather pouch if that helps identify. It has a straight pin, as would the Explorer Plus, but apparently the Explorer Plus also has a pen. Everything else is spot on Explorer. I've had this knife as my EDC for quite a while and I can tell you with great certainty: no pen. I do not remember exactly what the packaging said; as it was my first SAK ever I was pretty jazzed to just tear that sucker open and start using it. ^_^

The review video I saw shows that the pen on the Explorer Plus is very visible too, so I really really don't think I'm missing it or overlooking it! :/ Can someone tell me what I have? Some sort of hybrid? Haha.

Anyways, thank you!! :]

~
Sparkly

PS: Good morning!! ^_^ How are you today? I'm pretty stoked: My SwissChamp arrives Tuesday! ;D Which is actually the reason this whole conundrum came about; I was chillin and looking at my Explorer, lol.

Last edited:
All standard modern SAK’s with corckscrew/Phillips have the slot for a pin. The pin is often not provided and sold separately.

I actually didn’t realise about the pin for years - no worries.
Dude, Pilsner, I feel like all I want to do for the rest of my life is just collect SAKs. They are so freakin amazing. I am so happy about my SwissChamp! I think, well besides the SwissChamp XAVT and XLT, that it has the most tools of all of them, right? 33 functions. So crazy rad. ^_^

... maybe I only need a SwissChamp. ;]

Nope, the Wenger 16999 has 87 implements that perform 141 functions.

Best of luck finding it or carrying one though...
Dude, Pilsner, I feel like all I want to do for the rest of my life is just collect SAKs. They are so freakin amazing. I am so happy about my SwissChamp! I think, well besides the SwissChamp XAVT and XLT, that it has the most tools of all of them, right? 33 functions. So crazy rad. ^_^

... maybe I only need a SwissChamp. ;]

Last edited:
O_O

How do you even carry something like that? ;0
You Probably wouldn't. But, if you collect Victorinox/Wenger, it makes for a Great coffee table piece. It will pique the curiosity of just about everyone that sees it.

You Probably wouldn't. But, if you collect Victorinox/Wenger, it makes for a Great coffee table piece. It will pique the curiosity of just about everyone that sees it.

Yeah, I just looked it up. That thing is huge. I bet it weighs a ton too. Definitely not something to bring out places.

Hey Sparkly if you need a few straight pins (unfortunately straight pins come various sizes,i found out the hard way)let me know I will send you a few I have the sak replacement parts kit.the SAK is a nice way to get introduced to knife collecting....you do have some refreshing energy ,keep it up.

Hey Sparkly if you need a few straight pins (unfortunately straight pins come various sizes,i found out the hard way)let me know I will send you a few I have the sak replacement parts kit.the SAK is a nice way to get introduced to knife collecting....you do have some refreshing energy ,keep it up.
Aw thank you so much BITEME!! :] <-- (haha! sorry I don't know what else to call you ^_^) I'll totally take you up on that kind offer, I'm always losing my SAK parts and having to replace them! </3 So thank you!! :]

~ Sparkly

Purse/murse.;) Wish I had 1/8 of your enthusiasm for anything anymore. :D Have become jaded. Glad to have you here and welcome to new obsession.:thumbsup:
Haha well thank you very much Ulf! :] If you met me in real life you might even be frightened at my general enthusiasm with basically everything and everyone around me; the whole world is just the best! ^_^ <--- see what I mean -___- I try to be normally enthused, but knives are just too cool to be calm about! :]

Thanks for the kind welcome. <3

~ Sparkly

Back