DLT M390 drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Huiting

Gold Member
looks like the clowns at DLT dropped the ball. their servers crash right at release (11am cst). what a hot mess.

looks like the clowns at DLT dropped the ball. their servers crash right at release (11am cst). what a hot mess.

The folks at DLT are definitely not clowns. Stuff happens and when bunches of folks log on at the same time, servers can crash. Calling them clowns is not a great way to make a newbie introduction, since they are a Bladeforums supporter here....

Seriously. The load their server just took was probably way off normal by a few order of magnitudes.

Not naming names or pointing fingers, but being "good" knife makers does not preclude them from hiring or even being "clowns" when it comes to Information Technology matters or website design.

The folks at DLT are definitely not clowns. Stuff happens and when bunches of folks log on at the same time, servers can crash. Calling them clowns is not a great way to make a newbie introduction, since they are a Bladeforums supporter here....
fair enough, calling them clowns was going overboard, but they had to know ahead of time that this would a a hot item.

I was actually able to buy one. I got fed up with trying their website so I fed my dog, had lunch, then tried again not expecting anything, but surprisingly I got through and was able to add it to my cart. Should’ve bought two!

Took me an hour and 27 minutes , but i got one . I called them too . Got very nice young lady !
If she is a clown , i want to go to that circus. Class act

Jake

Personally I don't think they handled the event very professionally. They had to know from past experience that all the hype would crash their server and cause a bottleneck. But that's my opinion and everybody has one.
I finally gave up and swung over to Knifecenter and ordered a Hinderer that I have had my sights on, so my day is good.

Congrats to all you guys that got through!

Personally I don't think they handled the event very professionally. They had to know from past experience that all the hype would crash their server and cause a bottleneck. But that's my opinion and everybody has one.
I finally gave up and swung over to Knifecenter and ordered a Hinderer that I have had my sights on, so my day is good.

Congrats to all you guys that got through!

They handled it more professionally than you think. They actually came on to this forum and give updates as soon as they were available. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back