DLT M390 Para 3 LW

Hard to say really..

My humble guess is that this is a big ass run. And after the red G10 M390 para 3 and the M390 paramilitary 2 the marked is somewhat soaked up on "red Spyderco M390".

Yesterday was my 40 th birthday and I had no Spydercos's in M390 nor any Spyderco's with the compression lock.. I actually felt compelled to buy this..

In the end I'm just glad I got one.

:D

I'm considering one. I'm not a huge fan of red but it's a compelling knife. I've never owned the lightweight version.

Hard to say really..

My humble guess is that this is a big ass run. And after the red G10 M390 para 3 and the M390 paramilitary 2 the marked is somewhat soaked up on "red Spyderco M390".

Yesterday was my 40 th birthday and I had no Spydercos's in M390 nor any Spyderco's with the compression lock.. I actually felt compelled to buy this..

In the end I'm just glad I got one.

:D

Pretty much explained it. I am sure this LW para 3 is a good folder but I am not surprised a bit that it did not sell out quickly.

I noticed the presentation side of this knife has 3 screws and the clip side only has 2 screws. I guess the screw by the lanyard hole screws into an internal nut on the clip side scale. Not a big fan of how that attaches, since I've had the opposing nut break loose and the screw just spins and spins without coming out.

I noticed the presentation side of this knife has 3 screws and the clip side only has 2 screws. I guess the screw by the lanyard hole screws into an internal nut on the clip side scale. Not a big fan of how that attaches, since I've had the opposing nut break loose and the screw just spins and spins without coming out.

This screw by the lanyard hole on the presentation side goes through the scale and the partial liner/compression lock on the presentation side. The internal nut I would assume to be a threaded insert but since I haven't taken the knife apart I can only guess. If this is the case the knife would still be able to be disassembled and a clamp/vise grip on the insert to remove the screw, then the insert could probably be epoxied or super glued back into the spacer on the clip side and reused? Spyderco could have done what was done for the clip and used a screw and nut assembly but I don't know why...

This screw by the lanyard hole on the presentation side goes through the scale and the partial liner/compression lock on the presentation side. The internal nut I would assume to be a threaded insert but since I haven't taken the knife apart I can only guess. If this is the case the knife would still be able to be disassembled and a clamp/vise grip on the insert to remove the screw, then the insert could probably be epoxied or super glued back into the spacer on the clip side and reused? Spyderco could have done what was done for the clip and used a screw and nut assembly but I don't know why...

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's a non-issue, but for folks that like to disassemble, that internal nut could be a problem. I've had them break loose before and I could never remove the screw.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's a non-issue, but for folks that like to disassemble, that internal nut could be a problem. I've had them break loose before and I could never remove the screw.

Young Glesser did a takedown, maybe you'll get some info out of it?

Last edited:
A pic was posted of one in the wild already. Looking forward to getting one. Hope it is a keeper, never held a para 3.

I just ordered one, I am super excited. I really liked the feel of the lightweight para 3 when I checked out the regular version but was hoping for a different color and steel. This is the perfect combo for me!
I did the same thing. I have several Para 3s including the BD1N LW. I wasn't going to get one of the red/M390s but realized I had some rewards points to burn. Now I have a red one coming lol

Looks like they’re sold out. I was sent two by accident, so will send one back, unless someone out there wants to cover my costs to send it to them instead.

Looks like they’re sold out. I was sent two by accident, so will send one back, unless someone out there wants to cover my costs to send it to them instead.

Please check your PMs when convenient, want to make sure we have this taken care of.

All taken care of, and no issues my side. If no one tells me they want it, I’ll have it on it’s way back to you faster than you can say “England for a 20-point win over the Springboks this weekend!”

All taken care of, and no issues my side. If no one tells me they want it, I’ll have it on it’s way back to you faster than you can say “England for a 20-point win over the Springboks this weekend!”

So, medium quickness then. Cause I tried several times and could not say that sentence particularly fast.

You have to wear ruby red slippers and click your heels as you say it, otherwise it won’t come true.

That’s what I did for the Nats last night.

Got mine today. It’s the first time I’ve held a PM3. I’ll handle it a bit but i think I’m going to try to turn this one into a native 5 or manix2

Thread needs pictars!

41d1HSY.jpg

Got mine this evening, I have to say the quality on the last couple Golden knives I've received has been top notch! This is the sharpest factory edge I've ever received.
The red is darker than it looked in the pictures to me, but that's fine. I think this is going to be one of my new favorites.

Back