1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

DLT M390 Para 3 LW

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Colorodo, Oct 29, 2019.

1. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm considering one. I'm not a huge fan of red but it's a compelling knife. I've never owned the lightweight version.

2. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Pretty much explained it. I am sure this LW para 3 is a good folder but I am not surprised a bit that it did not sell out quickly.

3. fatsubie

fatsubie

Aug 6, 2014
    The market is saturated with M390 steel.

uxo2 and kniferbro like this.
  4. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I noticed the presentation side of this knife has 3 screws and the clip side only has 2 screws. I guess the screw by the lanyard hole screws into an internal nut on the clip side scale. Not a big fan of how that attaches, since I've had the opposing nut break loose and the screw just spins and spins without coming out.

5. 8-Fingers

8-Fingers Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2017
    This screw by the lanyard hole on the presentation side goes through the scale and the partial liner/compression lock on the presentation side. The internal nut I would assume to be a threaded insert but since I haven't taken the knife apart I can only guess. If this is the case the knife would still be able to be disassembled and a clamp/vise grip on the insert to remove the screw, then the insert could probably be epoxied or super glued back into the spacer on the clip side and reused? Spyderco could have done what was done for the clip and used a screw and nut assembly but I don't know why...

91bravo likes this.
  6. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's a non-issue, but for folks that like to disassemble, that internal nut could be a problem. I've had them break loose before and I could never remove the screw.

ScooterG likes this.
  7. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    Young Glesser did a takedown, maybe you'll get some info out of it?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    rexromic likes this.
  8. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    That was a very informative vid about the LW P3.

9. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    A pic was posted of one in the wild already. Looking forward to getting one. Hope it is a keeper, never held a para 3.

10. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I did the same thing. I have several Para 3s including the BD1N LW. I wasn't going to get one of the red/M390s but realized I had some rewards points to burn. Now I have a red one coming lol

11. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Looks like they’re sold out. I was sent two by accident, so will send one back, unless someone out there wants to cover my costs to send it to them instead.

Tigerden likes this.
  12. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Please check your PMs when convenient, want to make sure we have this taken care of.

13. Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    All taken care of, and no issues my side. If no one tells me they want it, I’ll have it on it’s way back to you faster than you can say “England for a 20-point win over the Springboks this weekend!”

[email protected] likes this.
  14. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    So, medium quickness then. Cause I tried several times and could not say that sentence particularly fast.

ScooterG likes this.
  15. Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    You have to wear ruby red slippers and click your heels as you say it, otherwise it won’t come true.

That’s what I did for the Nats last night.

[email protected] likes this.
  16. KCDR

KCDR Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Got mine today. Out of the box both are centered with no blade play and SHARP! Much better first impression than I had with the standard p3 light weights I bought.

17. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    Got mine today. It’s the first time I’ve held a PM3. I’ll handle it a bit but i think I’m going to try to turn this one into a native 5 or manix2

18. blame it on god

blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    Thread needs pictars!

[​IMG]

Worldwatcher likes this.
  19. shady A.M.

shady A.M. Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Got mine today! Loving it! I really like the shade red.

20. Fattires

Fattires Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Got mine this evening, I have to say the quality on the last couple Golden knives I've received has been top notch! This is the sharpest factory edge I've ever received.
    The red is darker than it looked in the pictures to me, but that's fine. I think this is going to be one of my new favorites.

Worldwatcher likes this.