1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

DLT Paramilitary 2 Tan/Black 20CV

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by ToxicBot11, May 23, 2019.

1. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I got mine today. They are better in my opinion than the other exclusives from DLT. The stainless plus tan G10 was not very aesthetically pleasing to me like the contrast is on the DLC ones. Both the stainless ones I had also came with some lock stick, but both of the DLC ones I have are perfectly centered and free dropping on close. Better action actually than any PM2 I've owned otherwise, which is six or seven of them.

drwbck3 likes this.
  2. FullFlatMind

FullFlatMind

May 30, 2019
    Just grabbed mine. Looks even better than the pictures online. I really like the color combo. It's subtle and will be great in the office for not attracting attention.

The blade on mine is not perfectly centered but still good. The action is very smooth. Super pleased. It goes well with my Para 3 S35VN Brown with DLC blade.

3. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Aww what the heck, not on here for 1 week and a dlc pm2 slips right on by! Kudos to all though, and to DLT. A dlc 20cv for less then the s30v, mighty generous of them not to take advantage and pass the savings to the buyer's. We all know they could've sold them for alot more.

4. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    I got mine today. These are really good looking with perfect fit and finish. And the best part is that they were crazy cheap.

TenShun705 likes this.
  5. jp9mm

jp9mm Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2019
    Got mine today, don't have as many to compare it to but its drop shut, very smooth operation and no blade play.
    I'm impressed.

6. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    E16D7138-7968-49EE-85A3-9AC9739568F1.jpeg Great example of the model :thumbsup:

7. crya

crya Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 12, 2011
    One of the rare ones I actually missed. Per their IG account, there will be more released.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Cscotttsss likes this.
  8. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Wrong thread. OOps.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  9. FullFlatMind

FullFlatMind

May 30, 2019
    I'm really liking mine. The G-10 seems to have more grip than previous PM2s. The 20CV on this is super sharp out of the box and is holding a nice edge after use on cardboard and plastic packaging.

10. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I will say one thing that was deeply disappointing was that the DLC on both of mine was terrible. Each has glaring spots and some small patches of bare steel.

11. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Pics?

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  12. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the worst three spots. The top two pictures are the same knife. There are some tiny pinhole-size imperfections elsewhere.

Overall these were still the best PM2 dealer exclusive I've seen yet. The action is just phenomenal on them. I think I just had a little bad luck and drew two from the lower end of the DLC QC check.

91bravo likes this.
  13. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    You sure it's to the metal and not just something that's rubbed off onto the blade? What I thought were scratches in my DLC before, wiped away with an oily rag.

14. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I tried wiping them off with a damp cloth and then drying them carefully, and that didn't change anything, but I didn't use oil, no.

15. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Try a little oil. If it removes those spots, then I'll take that extra PM2 off your hands! lol

16. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I think the spots might come off with oil, but there are patches that look a lot more like bare steel, and I don't think the oil is going to change that.

17. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    That sucks. I guess I may be lucky in that all the DLC I've bought from Spyderco have been great.

18. Mine is stuck in Norwegian customs... Provided the invoice documents and they said it had cleared, but did not move on for a week. Contacted them today and they claimed it was a mistake and that it would move on to delivery, but have not seen the tracking change yet. I am all aquiver with antici..........................................pation

19. Received it! Quite a bit darker tan than I thought from the pictures. Not sure if I am disappointed in that or not. Walk is much better than my 'regular' s30v [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019