Photos DLT Trading Limited Edition 110

I know any drop point 112 immediately gets my attention as I prefer that blade style over any other. Even then I like more of a spear point for daily use. It's been better the last few years for nice 112 drop point model's but for a long time they were really rare. .I like your 110 and will look for a similar 112.

If you desire finger grooves on your 110 you can easily do them using sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel. DM

I know any drop point 112 immediately gets my attention as I prefer that blade style over any other. Even then I like more of a spear point for daily use. It's been better the last few years for nice 112 drop point model's but for a long time they were really rare. .I like your 110 and will look for a similar 112.
I do prefer the clip point blade over the drop point, but this knife is so nice looking that I find myself using it a lot anyway. I think they created a really great looking knife with their choices they went with.
I ordered a 112 with finger grooves to see if I would like the knife and am really impressed with it. I am going to order a custom 112 now, too. The 110 and 112 now fight for pocket time. They are both great knives that I really enjoy using.

If you desire finger grooves on your 110 you can easily do them using sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel. DM
I’d be scared to even attempt that. I’m sure I would screw it up some how. I will just keep this one as it is. I did order another 110 from the custom shop, so I look forward to be receiving that in the near future.

I do prefer the clip point blade over the drop point, but this knife is so nice looking that I find myself using it a lot anyway. I think they created a really great looking knife with their choices they went with.
I ordered a 112 with finger grooves to see if I would like the knife and am really impressed with it. I am going to order a custom 112 now, too. The 110 and 112 now fight for pocket time. They are both great knives that I really enjoy using.

Just one more thing to consider... Although I often carry my 112's, I prefer my aluminum 110 for carry. Its even lighter than the 112 w/ FG. C&C has both CP and DP aluminum 110's. The only down side (if you don't count people noticing the longer blade) is that with the lighter handles, it takes longer for the action to break in for easy one hand opening.

As a side note, I also am very happy with my DLT LE 110, and found their CS top notch.

Wrong post

Last edited:
Just one more thing to consider... Although I often carry my 112's, I prefer my aluminum 110 for carry. Its even lighter than the 112 w/ FG. C&C has both CP and DP aluminum 110's. The only down side (if you don't count people noticing the longer blade) is that with the lighter handles, it takes longer for the action to break in for easy one hand opening.

As a side note, I also am very happy with my DLT LE 110, and found their CS top notch.
I will have to check out the aluminum 110. I have no problem with people noticing the longer blade. It does come in really useful at times. Thanks for the info, I didn’t even know those existed.
I also am very happy with DLT Trading. That is my preferred place to order from unless they don’t carry the particular knife that I am looking for.

I love everything about that knife, except the shield. I'm in the minority there, I know. But without that, one would be mine. Maybe in walnut though.

Yeah, it's just not a 110 without the clip point. Some may want it, that's for sure, but it's not a 110.

I notice it does not have a real 110 tang stamp......just some sort of cheap ink stamp with an anvil and USA and no 110.

I'm not sure what it is. Looks a bit like a folding spade.

Clearly, this is one of those matters of personal taste and appreciation of art.

Yeah, it's just not a 110 without the clip point. Some may want it, that's for sure, but it's not a 110.

I notice it does not have a real 110 tang stamp......just some sort of cheap ink stamp with an anvil and USA and no 110.

I'm not sure what it is. Looks a bit like a folding spade.

Clearly, this is one of those matters of personal taste and appreciation of art.

If it a personal opinion, keep it to yourself... absolutely no reason to be negative about something someone else is proud of.

I'm guessing here but maybe any steel used other than 420hc is too hard to stamp?

No, there's a profit motive.

The cheaper the stamp the bigger the profit. That's the reason we lost the good tang stamps of old. Most of the current "stamps" look either a little different or a LOT different.......and it's because they cut cost--thus higher profit.

I love everything about that knife, except the shield. I'm in the minority there, I know. But without that, one would be mine. Maybe in walnut though.
I like it. It’s not something you see on all their knives, so it’s a nice change. Just a little something more to make this model different than others. I can see how others may not care for it, though.

DR, ever get your sheath? If so show it off. Pete
Yes, I did. I got it a couple days ago and it’s breaking in nicely. I went with the brown and think it looks great. I’ll take some pictures Sunday in the daylight and post them here.

Back