Do the Rat 1 D2 and AUS8 models have interchangeable handles?

I have an AUS8 Rat 1 with a black handle and would like to get a D2 Rat as well but can't seem to find it in in black as well at the moment so was curious if I could switch the handles on the knives so I could get my preferred look.

I have an AUS8 Rat 1 with a black handle and would like to get a D2 Rat as well but can't seem to find it in in black as well at the moment so was curious if I could switch the handles on the knives so I could get my preferred look.

My R1 Aus8 has a D shape on one side of the standoffs that match the D shape on the one side of the liner.

My R1 D2 does not have standoffs with a D shape (both ends are round), with the liners only having round holes (meaning there is no D shape to insert into a corresponding D shape on the liner).

So I think you would only be able to swap the blades and one side of the liner and scales (I have not tested this theory).

Alternatively, you could order some new G10 scales here (no affiliation, just googled it): https://g10.lt/?cat=89

Last edited:
Next time I give them a clean/oiling I will see if the blades can be exchanged.

I wasn't sure so I just bought an R2 in D2. As an aside, I've swapped out aus8 for D2 in both the Esee Avispa and Zancudo with no issues.

Last edited:
Back