Do you glue your chicago screws?

Got a expensive knife with a leather sheath that uses chicago screws to turn it from drop to horizontal carry.
Short chicago screws are used, I have VERY LITTLE trust in these, I have used chicago screws in the past, and they do not stay screwed.
Is it common in the knife community to krazy glue these chicago screws? I think I;m gonna set up the sheath for both drop and horizontal , buy longer chicago screws and krazy glue the threads. This glue should be strong enough to not come unscrewed, but should be able to break through if I ever needed to unscrew them.. possibly.

Why not loc-tite? That's kind of what it's designed for...

Its harder to remove or take the screws off, im wondering if krazy glue will have enough hold, but yet, with some force, be removed again.
There's varying strengths of loc-tite, from the weakest (purple) that's designed for small screws like these to the permanent (red).

Yep I use blue Loctite on all Chicago screws except where the customer might want to change the buckle or something like that.

I will drag some bees wax along the threads of the screw before assembly. This gives it some tension without the worry of getting it so tight I can't get it apart again.

I will drag some bees wax along the threads of the screw before assembly. This gives it some tension without the worry of getting it so tight I can't get it apart again.

Weaver sells a special pair of pliers made to take em apart when stuck. Like $9 or $10 and the best thing since sliced bread.

I have used several types of loctite over the years and depending on where its being used. But 95% of the time I use the blue stuff in liquid, not the chapstick tube type. I use it exclusively on my racing RC cars which are subject to Extreme abuse and they dont work loose, yet a twist of the wrench and out they come. Red usually requires heat to get them loose.

Just put a dab of grease on the threads. It will allow you to tighten the screws up easier and therefore hold properly while ironically also allowing for easier disassemby in the future!

Back