Do you guys lose your Kershaw knives often ?

I managed to lose 2 Vapor IIs over the course of the past two years. I have only lost one other knife in the meanwhile so I'm beginning to wonder what it is with me and Kershaw knives - it's as if universe didn't want me to keep them :( They somehow slip out of my pants pocket where they are usually clipped.

Do you guys lose your Kershaw knifes more often than those of other brands ?

Is there any particular model you seem to have extremely bad luck with ?

I have to carry any folder in a belt sheath, because I hike a lot and branches tend to catch under my clips (if they are in pocket) pulling the entire knife free and often hanging on the branch.

Five days out of seven (that is to say, during the work-week), my EDC is in the bottom of my pocket, so, no, I never lost a knife while I was carrying it.

I suspect there's one or two under all the trash on my desk, though. :eek:

Nope never lost a knife (knock on virtual wood). I've left a few clipped to my pocket and thought I lost them until the laundry is done. I've had a few slip joints slide out of my pocket, but luckily I've always been able to retrieve them.

I lost one at a courthouse when I forgot I had it in my pocket and it got taken away on tiny wings.....

I lost another in a McDonald's when I used it to cut a sandwitch and left it on the tray. I didn't remember until I had dumped it and was driving home and I wasn't about to dig through the trash can there.

So, the only one's I have ever "lost" were both my bad.....

I lost my baby boa for almost a year. Then I found it again! It was in a pack that I rarely use.

I have lost my share of kershaw. The first one I lost was blackout I had got the same day I bought it. Another time I lost my leek boron it just dispear I torn up my house for a day then two days latter i lost my mini task. They show up a year in a pair of boots i never wear. Recently I lost my old 2040 stag. Yes I did check my shoes

They only Kershaw I lost was a junkyard dog. I was carrying it unclipped in my pocket while riding in my car and it fell out and went under the seat. So I spent a good 30 minutes with a flash light trying to dig under the seat to find it. :D I got lucky and found, but I was surprised to see what all falls under there.

There are some things I have never lost. Included in this list is any knife, car keys, money clip, wallet, cell phone, etc. I keep all my stuff in a bowl on the sofa table. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. I keep all my stuff in a bowl on the sofa table. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff.

There are some things I have never lost. Included in this list is any knife, car keys, money clip, wallet, cell phone, etc. I keep all my stuff in a bowl on the sofa table. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. I keep all my stuff in a bowl on the sofa table. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff.

:eek: I almost thought I'd have to spend half an hour reading all that.

Thank goodness it just repeats. It does make me wonder about the mental health of SPX though.

Is it just me or did Don Vito’s post cause a little déjà vu ?? Oh yeah haven’t lost any knives either

Last edited:
I was at a gun show a few years back, decided it was time to buy a decent edc; carried slipjoints up to that point. Bought a Kershaw Blur, had it almost a year and lost it. Went to another show and bought a Camillus Heat. Liked it ok, but kept looking. Bought a 710D2, then a 707, 875, Ti Bump, then several Leeks...and it just kept going from there. Just goes to show you better not lose a knife, replacing it has been a bit addictive, but a lot of fun ;)

Last edited:
I "thought" I had lost my rainbow leek. Turns out I had left it in a waterbottle holder in the car, right where I had set it the week before. :eek:

So no, I have never lost a knife.

Lost two. My first Kershaw which was a simple Al handle small Liner Lock. I had let a co-worker borrow it and then he insisted he gave it back. He probably still has it. I also lost a Whirlwind awhile back. It was in my room on a shelf next to my bed. It was there forever and then it was just gone. I think my father borrowed it and then just thought it was his. Here's a tip... Don't lend Kerhsaw knives to people. When you lend someone a Kerhsaw they think you are giving it to them and then it's gone forever.

There are some things I have never lost. Included in this list is any knife, car keys, money clip, wallet, cell phone, etc. I keep all my stuff in a bowl on the sofa table. When I empty my pockets it all goes into the bowl. Change goes in the old peanut can. My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet.

[...]

My knife always stays clipped to my jeans. Except when I wash them, which is every Tuesday. I already did my laundry today. I used a new detergent. My clothes came out really clean. I hang up everything. Even my t-shirts and jeans. I keep my coat hangers all facing the same way on the rod. I have the coat rods set up higher than normal, because I have two rods in each closet. I have a walk in closet. Sometimes I like to take a chair in there and sit for a while. I keep a chair at my desk. Working is easier when I sit down. I'm sitting down now. But I'm not working. Working is a hobby for me. I enjoy it. It allows me to buy stuff.

You. Are. A. Silly. Person.

Lost two. My first Kershaw which was a simple Al handle small Liner Lock. I had let a co-worker borrow it and then he insisted he gave it back. He probably still has it. I also lost a Whirlwind awhile back. It was in my room on a shelf next to my bed. It was there forever and then it was just gone. I think my father borrowed it and then just thought it was his. Here's a tip... Don't lend Kerhsaw knives to people. When you lend someone a Kerhsaw they think you are giving it to them and then it's gone forever.

Na, they just like them and want you to think that they think you gave it to them.;)

Never a Kershaw, but I did lose a Spyderco once....

Actually, it wasn't lost, it was stolen, by my college "RA". He keyed into a few rooms and stole some stuff, my Endura was one of them. A gift from my Scoutmaster when I made Eagle Scout.

Ah well.....haven't lost one since!

Back