Do you guys play video games?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by DangerZone98, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Here’s a few of my favorites:
    - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    - The Last of Us
    - Metal Gear Solid V
    - Red Dead Redemption 2
    - Resident Evil 2 remake
    - Horizon Zero Dawn

Titles I plan to pick up when things get back to normal:
    - Final Fantasy 7 remake
    - Resident Evil 3 remake
    - The Last of Us 2
    - Cyberpunk 2077

Currently playing Red Dead 2 in my free time. There aren’t enough knives in the game. :(

Sigsog226, Chalet and JJHollowman like this.
  2. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I don’t play any of the stuff that you listed but I play a few when bored. I still have my original NES and I fire it up from time to time to play with my three young kids.
    They have a PS4 and a Wii U, they play a lot online with their friends from school, seems to be the way they get together now. I bought myself a Nintendo Switch so I wouldn’t get fights between them about which kid it belongs too and since it’s on the TV in our living room I play it a bit when everyone is asleep and there’s nothing on the TV.
    I play Zelda Breath of the Wild, it’s an excellent game with so many side quests that it takes weeks to try to complete it all, very well worth the $60 it cost. I haven’t played in weeks but I’ll go back and finish it eventually since the second one is being released soon.

miltmaldo and DangerZone98 like this.
  3. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Hey I’ve heard of Breath of the Wild! Glad to you’re enjoying it man.

1AbominAble1 likes this.
  4. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    I tried playing it looks like a great game . Within an hour a gave up on it . I can’t deal with learning curve lol I’m a Play Station so the controller were giving me a hard time .

5. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    I saw the commercial for FF7 remake looks sweet . I played the original must of spent 50 to 70 hr on that game . When I got stuck and couldn’t figure out what to do I had to drive to the book store and look at the walk through. To cheap to buy it lol I think the price of the cheat book was around $15 .

6. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Red Dead 2 is about the only game keeping me busy these days haha, currently stuck on looking for fossils :rolleyes:

JJHollowman likes this.
  7. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I play Call of Duty mostly and beat God of war over the Christmas holidays. My son is a fan of Rayman, Spyro, Sonic and Ratchet and Clank.

I was amazed at how quickly he learned at 4-5 years old. We only let him play on the weekends, even then we take some weekends completely off. Screen time is like drugs to kids.

8. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I had the Atari 400 as a kid and Sega Genesis in college but I lost interest after that. I've played a few times with my kids but it just doesn't hold my attention. I tried playing Madden football with my nephew but gave up after 10 minutes....too many damn buttons. I watched another nephew play GTA and while the graphics and detail are amazing I had no desire to play. I know lots of people love their games but I don't see the appeal.

9. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010

I had the same problem when I started since I had a PS2 the last time I really played any games, that has to be close to 20 years ago now. Once I figured out the Nintendo controller I was going to go, there was a long learning curve though.

10. JJHollowman

JJHollowman Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 16, 2016
    I play RDR2 on PC. Great game. I've played most of the titles you list as well. Haven't joined a posse yet but that could change if I found a good one. Level 191.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  11. Sharp Steel

Sharp Steel

Aug 10, 2009
    I play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. There is a version called ETLegacy which has some updated graphics. The old master server is gone, but someone else put up a replacement. It is an online-only game.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  12. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Pong is the best. And pinball machines.

Roy Batty and DangerZone98 like this.
  13. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Apex Legends and BattleField

DangerZone98 likes this.
  14. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I will occasionally play league of legends and plan on borrowing my nephews ps4 so I can play ff7 and then give him the game. I play the original ff7 over 20 years ago, second only to xenogears as my favorite game of all time.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  15. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Tifa and Aerith make the FF7 an insta-buy.

16. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Currently having a blast with hunting. In real life, it’s probably difficult to score a headshot on a deer with a bolt-action rifle lol.

MayHemAndHaw likes this.
  17. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    World of Tanks for me, around 6 hours a day lately.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  18. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Severance - Blade of Darkness
    [video]

DangerZone98 likes this.
  19. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    My kids (18) downloaded a game on Xbox you can be a tank, ship, or airplane. It’s a lot of fun. Total War? Maybe

DangerZone98 likes this.
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Does chess on Chess.com count?