DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE FOR .....

Do you have a knife to carry if your wearing a suit or a more formal dress situation.
I'm thinking about getting something of a design maybe metal handle that has a more gentleman look.
Any suggestions

What's your budget? I concur about the Mnandi it's so good.

I carry my Kizer Matt Cucchiara Flashbang in my suit all the time.

Boker Plus - Urban Trapper
Benchmade - Fact
CRKT - Crossbones

Non Metal Handle
CRKT - CEO
CRKT - Snarky

My sleekest dress knife is a Puma 280730 that I carried on my wedding day. Others that I consider dress knives are any of my Case tiny toothpicks or my Case Bose Tribal Spear.

I also agree with the Mnandi, it will be in my rotation one day.

CF1CEA4F-6376-4283-9215-602F84455CC2.jpeg

view

I bought this Al Mar specifically to wear with my Tuxedo at my wedding 20 years ago.

It’s real thin and real light.

Last edited:
IMG_0190.JPG I usually like to carry one of two knives that belonged to my wife's grandfathers.
A dyed red bone Boker small 3 blade stockman, from the 90s, or the other a Boker USA 4 blade jigged bone Congress. If I get dressed up, might as well have a traditional on me. As my mom used to say, "Just for pretty." No hard cutting, just something to feel good in my pocket for those special occasions. To give you an idea how far between those are, I have to check to see if the suits still fit. :p

Last edited:
Fortunately I almost never have to wear a suit and when I do, I usually just don't carry a knife. Sometimes when I expect I might need it, I take Boker Kwaiken CF, Benchmade Proper or a small Rough Rider slipjoint or lockback.
If you need something with a metal handle, maybe Real Steel Luna will be good.

While my north arm skaha 2 in carbon would work well as a dress knife, I think I'd use my mini crooked river with flytanium copper scales if I ever needed to dress nice. Just seems to fit the bill really well.

I used to have this LionSteel as my dress knife, but I sold it as I didn't find the need to dress up enough to justify keeping it and the polished frame had me hesitant to carry it otherwise.

UyuhYN2.jpg

Now that I'm giving it some thought I do agree with the above sentiment that a traditional knife would be ideally suited ;) for wearing with a suit. In which case, I may just throw something like this one in my pocket.

xs8N5SC.jpg

I don't own one personally, but I would buy a Brad Zinker Urban Trapper if I had a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket. Sleek lines.

The MKM Zieba Flame Drop Point looks like it's a little more in my budget range with a similar design.

I certainly wouldn't mind have a "dress" knife, but for now I just carry something small and light. A Spyderco Ladybug or Manbug in the bottom of the pocket works well, and is barely noticeable.

Back