DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE FOR .....

Does anyone carry a William- Henry?

It’s funny they’ve shown up in this thread, as I haven’t seen much about them in my brief time here. Long story short; I’m downsizing my watch collection and trading in a piece or two that I never wear. I’m not considering any new watches at the moment, but my local watch shop (which carries everything from Longines and Omega to Brequet, ALS and Blancpain) happens to be a William Henry AD. I figured why not?...and had them order a Spearpoint Noble for me. It came in this week, I just haven’t had a chance to run over to pick it up.

Waaaay outta my normal comfort zone for a knife, but in trade it made sense. Will I carry it? Lol, right now I’m just hoping that I like it:
rSynGY6.jpg

I used to have a William Henry. It was stolen (person left the box; so I didn't notice for a while...but that doesn't mean I'm not reasonably certain who it was), and I never replaced it.

It’s funny they’ve shown up in this thread, as I haven’t seen much about them in my brief time here. Long story short; I’m downsizing my watch collection and trading in a piece or two that I never wear. I’m not considering any new watches at the moment, but my local watch shop (which carries everything from Longines and Omega to Brequet, ALS and Blancpain) happens to be a William Henry AD. I figured why not?...and had them order a Spearpoint Noble for me. It came in this week, I just haven’t had a chance to run over to pick it up.

Waaaay outta my normal comfort zone for a knife, but in trade it made sense. Will I carry it? Lol, right now I’m just hoping that I like it:
rSynGY6.jpg

I carried just my WH for formal such as wedding or Shop Christmas party. Most of the time it sits on my safe.

An interesting question which hasn't really occurred to me, as I don't even own a "sport coat", let alone a suit. Last time I went to a fancy wedding I wore a black windbreaker and carried a Boker "Peanut" in 440C and ebony.

pqB2k1D.jpg
I'm almost in the same boat. I wear sport coats for dress up these days as they better reflect how I view myself (vs a suit). I do own a suit that is reasonably current, but I hate to wear the thing. Knives in these situations are usually a Vic SAK, a Case Peanut, or a Spyderco Kiwi 4. The SAK gets the nod more often than not as I carry one anyway.

Technically I have one- I bought a slim CRKT knife for that purpose. I don't know the model but it looks a lot like a Kershaw Leek, just a touch larger, with scales that are white bone and black anodized aluminum. I carried it some in my previous job when I had to dress up to visit clients. More recently I haven't worn a suit as much but I've also been carrying my Spyderco PM2 with CF scales for dress occasions. I think it is a good knife and sufficiently dressy enough for me for any occasion. Actually I would carry any of my knives with a suit but my suits all have dark slacks so I wouldn't want to carry a knife that stands out too much against dark slacks so for instance wouldn't carry my Spyderco Manix2 with orange handle.

Victorinox Classic, for me, is unbeatable in dress pants pockets, plus it has a couple tools.

For this use, a hard locking blade isn't needed.

I love the sleek elegance of my Kershaw Launch 1. And it doesn't cost too much!

K&B-2a.jpg

Back