DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE FOR .....

I love that knife, saw it on his website. I will own one of his knives someday.
It’s not that difficult...follow him on Instagram and he will eventually post a knife for sale that you like and is in your price range...

Do you have a knife to carry if your wearing a suit or a more formal dress situation.
I'm thinking about getting something of a design maybe metal handle that has a more gentleman look.
Any suggestions

Koenig Zenaida is a nice little gentleman's knife with a metal handle. it also has a tool-free/screwless disassembly. they haven't made them in years, might be tricky to track one down.

I always wind up thinkign carbon fiber is dressier than metal handles, so my go to dressy knife is a Laconico EWC from monterey bay knives. nice double-detent friction folder with a very quick snappy action.

Do you have a knife to carry if your wearing a suit or a more formal dress situation.
I'm thinking about getting something of a design maybe metal handle that has a more gentleman look.
Any suggestions

I assembled this one specifically for this purpose. Light (117g), black works great with black pants, decent size and classy :) And very robust including the M4 blade. The best gentleman look is the one you don't see on first glance.

i-QwM4DBm-X3.jpg

i have a theuns prinsloo knife that i carry only when I'm dressed up. I also have a crk sabenza that i carry dressed up, but its also carried for everyday tasks

I threw away all my suits and wingtips when I retired but I'd suggest a CRK -- preferably a Sebbie 21 or 31. If anyone raises an eyebrow, just say, "What?"

This is not exclusive for formal occasions, but it is my preferred knife for them:

For a long time, my old clipit Delica was for suits & Sundays:

When I had a suit job I carried a giant Arkansas toothpick. Now that I’m retired in the sticks, I pretty much only use gents knives.

I like JD Ware slipjoints—I’ll get a pic later. Love my Busker too but it doesn’t give me gent vibe—which is fine.

Currently One of these.
Rough Rider RR1419 Stoneworx 4 inch closed stockman, GEC Northfield 852211 Harness Jack in Stag, or GEC 610211 "Half Congress" with jigged bone, or Case TB61028W DAM, or "Remington" (probably Camillus made) Canoe, and ever present 4 blade "Scout/Camp" knife.

Previously used large 4 3/16 inch closed RR Stoneworx Stockman, and RR imitation Abalone Barlow, and RR "Smooth Tobacco Bone" large (4 inch closed) Sunfish, (these are still 3300 miles away in Florida :( , so no current photo available. I did find some older pictures of them on this device. :) ), along with a "Scout Knife".
(sorry, its hard to get the Case's Damascus pattern to show with what "light" I have for picture taking ...)

View attachment 1427797

View attachment 1427798 View attachment 1427799

View attachment 1427800 View attachment 1427801
Edit:
Oh yeah, and a Buck 110 on my belt. Suit Jacket/Coat usually covers it. If not ... oh well. I don't care.

If wearing my kilt, the folding knives are in my Sporan, and either a Cold Steel Finn Bear or Mora Number 1 (in a leather sheath) is tucked into my right sock. :)

Last edited:
I have a Ti handled urban trapper I dedicate to suit and tie situations. It carries as clean, light, and easy as a pen in your inner breast pocket, and I couple that with a small lady leg slip joint in my pocket pants.

Back