DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE FOR .....

Do you have a knife to carry if your wearing a suit or a more formal dress situation.
I'm thinking about getting something of a design maybe metal handle that has a more gentleman look.
Any suggestions
The ZT0707 is light, classy, long enough to use for food prep, won't slice your thumb when peeling an apple or whittling, and on sale!

I wear a suit 4 days a week. Three most frequent carries are SharpByDesign Micro Evo Typhoon, Monterey Bay Knives EWC, and ProTech Sprint, with Ferrum Forge Mini Archbishop and Civivi Elementum working themselves in from time to time.

I used to wear a suit (or dress pants & shirt & tie, no jacket) four or five days a week. Immediately prior to the pandemic, work was jeans and blazer for me. (Now it's sweats or jeans or whatever I feel like wearing as I work from home.)

Pre-pandemic, 90% of the time when I'm working, it's in no-knife environments (onsite with my state government clients). But, on those occasions that I'm in a suit but not headed to the client (like taking my wife on a date), my knife will generally a smaller traditional (an old Craftsman Peanut, or occasionally a Camillus-era Buck 303). I haven't yet had occasion to carry my Lionsteel Warhorse in dress pants, but I think it will work fine (a little bigger and heavier than my usual choices for this, but not too bad).

By the way, for those of you guys complaining about wearing suits: you need to get them tailored. If they're uncomfortable, it's just because they don't fit right. After the pandemic is over, and your suit has been tailored, put it on, and take your significant other out on a fancy date. Maybe go dancing. It'll be fun. Trust me.

-Tyson

My Vic Sportsman...

SJDTaZb.jpg

The M390 Dividend stays in rotation because it is nice and thin, fairly discrete, and can be carried tip down for shirt, vest, and breast-pocket carry. While I don't love the feel of smooth aluminum scales in hand, they are kinder to fabric than some other materials.

That said, the Massdrop Gent more frequently found its way into my church carry. I like the idea of "Sunday best" but formal wear can be restricting. Between sitting, standing, kneeling, and after-church activities; I slowly transitioned into pairing khakis or corduroys with a blazer.

Back