Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

I do this all the time - every time I get a +$100 knife I always say I am going to make it an EDC...then when it gets here in all it's glory and beauty, I make it a collection knife and in the box it goes...to be saved to look at until the next time I open to gaze upon it again. So my question is, for those who have more then one or 2 knives - what PLUS-$100 knife did you stop from being a "safe queen" and make an EDC? Now...one thing though - this doe NOT apply to those knife crazies that buy 2 of everything - one for use and one for good....ONLY the ones who would say buy a Spyderco Phoenix for example and use it, and not just have it to collect...let's hear from you! :D

I got a benchmade full size dejavoo, and I've been carrying it. Over $100, and I have no problem with using it. Massive knife though.

I EDC a Benchmade 710. It was never a safe queen and it shows. Why spend the money and not get anything out of it except a piece of metal on a shelf?

my ZT350 is...

I just started using my CF Caly3

does a Krein'd ZDP Shallot count? theres more than $100 invested in that...

Last edited:
Yes. . .

I carry a BG42/CF Military.

There are some people that scoff at buying $100+ knives, and have hundreds of cheaper knives. I would much rather have a few good knives than a heap of lesser ones.

I EDC all of my knives, including Customs and $100+ ones. They're knives, I use them as such.

I rotate my BM Rukus and my ZT 302 as an EDC and both are well over $100. I just like carrying my more quality production folders.

Spyderco Para Military D2, Benchmade 913D2 Nitrous Stryker and my Emerson Mini Commander and CQC8.

I carry an Emerson CQC-12 or my STRd Persian most days, I also carry a CRK Seb. quite often as well as a few others.

My at work rotation is a Emerson stonewashed cqc 10 or ZT 301 or a Strider stonewashed SNG.
At home rotation is a Strider PT or Spyderco caly 3.
The way I figure they are all tools made to use and enjoy, I still would be sick if I lost any of them just knowing how much I paid. I don't even want to start to think how much I have into my Snap-on and Matco tools.

About 700 usd EDC

3530221654_c2ffd4b1ba.jpg

My ZT's are the most expensive.

All of my knives get carried and used, including my damascus shallot. (dress pants knife only)

Back