Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

Yep. I decided one day that I wasn't really happy owning 30+ knives, so I decided to sell the vast majority off and pick up a few really good knives. These days I'm mostly carrying my spyderco southard, and I have a three sisters forge beast on order. The way I see it, I'm probably only going to have one or maybe two knives on me, and if I get caught in am emergency situation, I'd rather have excellent knives than OK knives. Turns out I'm a lot happier with my meager but nice collection.

I've edc'd my ZT0350CB, ZT0551, and a couple forum knives that go for $100+. I don't believe in buying things and not using them. If I'm afraid to use something because its value, I sell it.

My main EDC is a hinderer xm18 w/ ti scale and I use the heck out of it. I've had knives that range anywhere from $300-$1200 that I simply refuse to carry and use because they are either limited editions or out of production knives. If I know they can't be replaced or will appreciate in value over time if kept in brand new condition... I don't see the point in ruining it. I've seen a few very very limited/sought after knives being sold on the exchange that were "used and carried" and I wept a little inside asking, "WHYY???" If I have a knife that is $1000 but I know I can get another one whenever I wanted... I wouldn't hesitate to use it. But if it's a $200 knife that I know I won't be able to find a duplicate of... I ain't using it!

i edc a para2, but i miss my cc smf everyday still.... i will buy one again when i fine myself looking to be 550$ poorer

At times my Piranha Pocket P1 has been my #1. Might return there someday. I had a Benchmade Triage that I carried all the time. Gave it to my dad. Now he carries it all the time.

My Dozier small folding hunter cuts like nothing else, and I enjoy it very much. I know its cliche' but YOLO.

My Leatherman Charge TTi is over $100 and I EDC that.

My knives though? I guess the G10 Espada XL but I don't EDC that, and the Voyager Vaquero XL is half that price.

My everday carry knife just crosses the $100 mark. My asian water buffalo handle knife buck 110 is my favorite knife. And I carry it all the time eventhough it just over $100.

I wont count the ones I bought for over 100 and will go down in value to under 100, like some of the Spyderco and BMs.
So currently in my EDC pouch I have:

2 Chris Reeve Sebenzas.
-Large Classic 2000.
-Small Classic 2000.

I think my 2 Customs should stay above 100 as I continue to use(not abuse) them.
-Custom Gene Wiseman Front Pocket Ultralite Slip Joint.
-Custom Childress Integral Pearl/SS Slip Joint.

I use all my knives and most are worth over 100. My primary carry is a scagel slip joint. I think it was 120 new. Nothing wrong with not carrying expensive knives. For me 100 bucks isn't going to break the bank so no problem. I wouldn't carry a 1000 dollar knife- too rich for my blood.

Back