Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

well i am new here but this is my imput

I have a mini grip 555BKHG with wilkens scales on it (note the scales cost over a 100 alone)

BM 707 barely over a 100

Jared

About 700 usd EDC

3530221654_c2ffd4b1ba.jpg

What is this knife at the bottom of the pic?

I only recently have started buying $100+ knives and just joined this site actually.:) I have 2 knives so far that just go over $100 with tax added that are in my current rotation. A D2 Benchmade Griptilian and a CPM440V Kershaw Boa.

I just ordered a Kershaw G10 Tyrade that is close enough to $100 with shipping added and it will be put in the rotation most likely.

Most of the other knives I am looking at getting next are twice as much or more than I have spent so far like an Emerson Commander or my first custom and they will definitely be carried and used without regret, possibly to the point of putting the others out of rotation.

It brings a smile whenever I use one of the more expensive and better performing knives. I can't deny myself that part of owning a nice knife. I can't wait to get something nicer than I have and use it.

I have a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza and a Strider SnG I rotate along with my other $100+ knives in my inventory. It's not a real issue to use any of my knives - I like to see the used look on a lot of 'em...

a small sebenza 21 and a SAK soldier combination is what i EDC right now.

First time poster. Non-troll.

Everything I carry is Benchmade, so with the excepting of my Mini-Grip, all my EDCs are $100+.

As a mechanic I have tools which cost hundreds I use on a daily basis. My EDC is an Extrema Ratio 185 RAO [my avatar] which at $395 did not come cheap, yet i have used it to carefully pry some pretty stout loads at work [but only when I am away from my toolbox ie in the parking lot]. I agree with that post about how some knives are an investment, yet the same type of knife to someone else can also be used and used hard where it will really shine, depends on the owners needs and expectations. Will he be happy with a work of art never seeing it's design potential or would that be a sacriledge to a different man? Must be nice to keep a high grade of kit and never even scratch it let alone use it, but I do understand that epistemology [outlook] although barely. I have some tools I bought at the start of my career and they still serve well 20 years later, a lesser grade of tool being worn out in a few years and needing replacement, they are like old friends and sometimes I pull them out just to say hi to em. ;)

Last edited:
Do you have an +$100 EDC..?
I do this all the time - every time I get a +$100 knife I always say I am going to make it an EDC...then when it gets here in all it's glory and beauty, I make it a collection knife and in the box it goes...to be saved to look at until the next time I open to gaze upon it again. So my question is, for those who have more then one or 2 knives - what PLUS-$100 knife did you stop from being a "safe queen" and make an EDC? Now...one thing though - this doe NOT apply to those knife crazies that buy 2 of everything - one for use and one for good....ONLY the ones who would say buy a Spyderco Phoenix for example and use it, and not just have it to collect...let's hear from you! :D

Nope. I don't have any +$100 knives.

I'm glad for those who do.

Never had the need or the itch, myself.

Strangely (to me at least), my most carried edc's are knives that were originally priced well over $100 that I got screaming deals on. I have two Emerson Ravens that I picked up new for about $50 each. A Benchmade Pinaccle I got new for $90. Last, a SOG X-Ray Vision (the one with G10 NOT Zytel handles) new, for about $50. For some reason I don't get, the Emerson Ravens were not demanding very high prices once discontinued. Anyway, although I didn't actually pay over $100 for these knives, I still consider them "+$100" edc's.

First post on a fun topic.
I carry a first run Al Mar mini SERE 2000 with slacks, and a BM 710 ats-34 with jeans. but I have a leatherman juice S2 on hand for anything that might damage the blade.

I EDC my customs. I like to use my knives

I carry & use 2 customs.. 1 folder: Erickson Slipjoint , 1 fixed blade : Rinaldi Matrix.
I also carry a Strider PT CC and a Case Small Sodbuster.

Yeah , overkill , 4 blades , it's an addiction. The Matrix see's the most use of any of my knives. Anything I spend $$ on gets used , or it gets gone :)

BM 710, 5000, 940 CRK Sebenza Small Regular Emerson CQC 15, HD-7 Spyderco Millie, Strider SMF Buck Custom 110, 112.

So quite a few well over $100

Although my current EDC is my newly acquired Full Size Orange BM Griptillian.

It was an effort of will power the first time I EDC a $100+ knife but it came down to the fact that I purchased it for its features that made it stand out from all the other knives I had considered as being good EDC's, so a EDC it was going to be!

Of all the knives on my shelf, I wind up grabbing my ZT0350 most often for my EDC. It performs most jobs very well, is easy to deploy, and also has a nice pocket clip.

First time poster. Non-troll.

Everything I carry is Benchmade, so with the excepting of my Mini-Grip, all my EDCs are $100+.

any problems with the axis lock/omega spings on your mini grip or the rest of your benchmades?

All of my folders are users. None of them are safe queens. Which ones cost over $100? My Cold Steel Espada, my custom Benchmade Griptilian, and my Spyderco Calypso. More will join them. Next will probably be a Super Blue Endura sprint run.

I dont even have any folders under $200....

I swear im not a snob, I just like nice things?

I edc a small inlay sebenza daily, no rotation, same knife everyday.

Back