Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

only have a few knives, but the only ones i dont carry are the cheap ones. sebenza (380) and millie (130) have been most carried recently, have a microtech socom elite (250) in my pocket now. I have no problem carrying expensive knives but they way i use them DOES change a little bit. im not going to be doing much dirty work with this microtech. not that it couldnt handle it, its just too pretty. I dont care about thumping ont he sebenza though. ive sharpened it and scratched the shit out of it, and i like it more now

The two that I EDC on a regular basis is my PM2 and XM-18. I EDC all of my knives at one time or another. Strange thing is that I don't EDC any of my knives that are under $100 anymore. They are all good knives so I feel fortunate to be able to pick the one that feels the best in my hand.

I've got a few over 100 dollar folders I enjoy carrying. They get scratched and banged up, but it's ok, that's life.

P9250020_zpsa069eb4d.jpg

Recently I will have Sebbie and a mnandi on me... So yeah almost a grand right there

My edc cost me $1100. It's in my avitar. I'm not wealthy, my tastes have just changed over time. I buy way fewer, but much more expensive knives than I used to. I'm happier this way.

My edc cost me $1100. It's in my avitar. I'm not wealthy, my tastes have just changed over time. I buy way fewer, but much more expensive knives than I used to. I'm happier this way.

+1

I'm always amazed by the people who balk at a $500+ folder as being unaffordable while they have over a dozen $50-100 knives.

Oh yeah. Small sebenza insingo. No need for another knife...however, a spyderco of some flavor usually accompanies the sebbie.

I carry an Umnumzaan and sometimes alternate with a large Sebenza, but it's usually one or the other. I buy my knives off the Exchange, and I don't worry if the folder has some snail-lines on the titanium handles. These are $400 knives, but they'll last forever, and I can always send them to the CRK Spa for a real cheap cleanup of the scales. What I WON'T accept are scratches on the blade-steel. That bothers me and I won't have it. Of course, I'm a very casual EDC user; seldom a hard-use.
If I have "rougher" work to do around the house, I'll pick up my Kershaw JunkYardDog 2.2, which is a great knife. And it's a BLEM and cost me $59 or so, but will do anything I need without a whimper.

Last edited:
+1

I'm always amazed by the people who balk at a $500+ folder as being unaffordable while they have over a dozen $50-100 knives.

Exactly, I have over 100 knives. Used to buy several cheap knives a month. Now I'd rather save up for a year and get something truly epic to me.

I like nice things too, I appreciate excellent design and quality and value something made by craftsmen,
I have about 8 knives of a value of about $6,000
The last 3 knives I bought are an average of $1,000 each
I'm also happier with less of high quality.
And I carry each one in rotation

Wait, they make under $100 folders? You guys told me that a Sebenza was a great value. Why did I buy a dozen of them???!!!

I like nice things too, I appreciate excellent design and quality and value something made by craftsmen,
I have about 8 knives of a value of about $6,000
The last 3 knives I bought are an average of $1,000 each
I'm also happier with less of high quality.
And I carry each one in rotation

It's part of the sickness. But I'm actually happier, now, buying heirloom quality products as apposed to simply collecting.

I use em' all everything from customs to first edition BMs, Spydercos, William Henry, vintage 100+ year old traditionals, out of 300.+ knives, I believe I have maybe a half a dozen that are rare mint never been used, bought to hang onto and sell when I needed money.

I'm interested, do any of you that carry expensive say $500 plus knives carry them and use them hard or just for opening packages and other lite work. I started collecting knives two years ago and have gone through a lot of knives that I did not carry because I was either going to collect them or sell them. Now that I have sold 30 plus knives my tastes are changing and my knives range anywhere from $150 to to my first Bodega this week at $1,000.00. Most now are in the $500 plus range. Now that my tastes have evolved and I have keepers, not selling them, I do not have to worry about using them and now I am carrying them. However, they are simply for the enjoyment of having them and lite duty tasks. I carry a smaller kershaw injection to beat on. Mostly I carry the Strider SNG or the Hinderer XM18 3". I will however carry my Bodega and later this week my Kirby Lambert Incinerator but never hard use them.

My normal everyday carry tasks don't usually involve hard use and as such my expensive knives are not knives designed for hard use. If I know I have something hard use to do, I have my 0561 and 0300BW to cover it.

Have several to choose from anything from 50 to 500 bucks always planned on using them when I bough em but my ZT 0550 or SG2 JYD always ends up in my pocket. Just havent found anything I like more yet.

My Edc knives are between 400 and 600$ but I have been known to carry 1000+$ folders. Rarely go less than 100.

Havent had it long but ive edc my 2k mayo since ive got it. Not trying to be snobby its just made to be used. Every once and awhile ill still have a kershaw 3" injection with me.

Back