Do you Lanyard your Sebenza/Inkosi?

I feel more conformable with a lanyard on my small Inkosi
It provides like an extension to the handle that I appreciate when opening the knife
For other CRK knives I have, small and large sebenza and large Inkosi I can have them or not, it is just a question of aesthetics

As much as i like the look of lanyards, especially the old worn leather ones(like the pic a pg back or so) i just cant get used to them. Wish i could.

no lanyard. I don't think it adds any advantage to drawing the knife and it looks ridiculous in my opinion. (no offence to anyone who uses one, I respect your choice. I personally just dislike them)

I've seen more lanyards on this post than on most other posts.
No lanyards! CRK could leave them out and sell them extra if someone wants them.

Or they could include them, and you can take them off if you like.

See how that works?

The comment wasn't meant to offend you;
It was more to state that there are as many people that would like the lanyards included as people that are like minded to yourself in the respect that they can sell them as an extra.
Just a polar opposite opinion to your own and still just an opinion, like yours.

As Moderator, the last word is yours.

I really wish the regulars in this sub wouldn't treat me like that.
If that is how this being a moderator is going to be, I would rather not be one. The fact of the matter is, I have been here for many years, just like you. If I can't participate in the conversation without the color getting in the way of intelligent conversation, then I would rather not be a mod.

Please don't take everything that I type so seriously.

Even though I purchased the blue lanyard with blue bead separate from my knife (for personal preference), I must say that I'd much rather have a lanyard included so I could make a decision whether I want to use it or not. Pretty easy to take it on and off too. Who wants to pay for something extra if they don't have to? Especially after spending a good investment on the knife to begin with. Just my 2C.

I have a lanyard attached to the Sebenza and my belt. I lost it twice, so I am extra careful now. I'm using a lanyard from a SanDisk thumb drive. It has a quick disconnect.

I'd be willing to bet that if the lanyard didn't come with the knife standard, people would pay extra for one just to personalize it and make it unique. Kinda like aftermarket clips.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I just took my lanyard off. Gonna see if my feelings change over the course of a couple weeks. The no lanyard challenge. :)

Large 21 with leather lanyard, I love how the leather ages and takes on character over time and use.

-----
Nyef, I am loving your Catch!

NJBillK,

What kind of knot is that on your lanyard / fob? not at the end, but the other one? Looks very clean/smooth....nice work

It is essentially a multiple overhand tied around the standing end or a modified hangman's knot, though it is not exactly either...

- Skein the working end and pass it through the lanyard hole.
- Go a little bit up the standing end and start wrapping the working end back down to the knife with the coils compact together, though not too tight as you will be passing the line back through the core of these twists.
- Continue to wrap the standing and working line with the working end until you get a decent length barrel (around 1"-1.5" or so when bunched).
- Feed the working end up through this barrel taking care to not cross the other two lines in there.
- Work the knot tight enough that you are comfortable with it, mine is still fairly loose (enough that I can twist mine 1/2 around tighter easily). I wanted to keep an softer feel to the leather, since the terminus (simple overhand) will keep the previous knot from slipping.
- Some twisting of the "core" will happen at this stage. It can be prevented, but it isn't required, and it isn't worth the trouble. Mine is twisted a time or two.
- Please keep in mind, prior to tieing your terminal knot the distance between the "barrel looking knot" and knife can be adjusted by pulling on the standing line and knot (closer), or knot and knife (further).

Good luck. If you need further info, just ask.

Thanks for the compliment.

When I got my first large I was convinced I would take the lanyard off quickly after if arrived. When arrived I figured what the heck I will leave it on just to confirm the fact I won't want that thing on my knife. That was many years ago. Still have that same lanyard on that large and my other CRK. One time I purchased a bead thinking I would put it on. Tried that, decided I liked the utilitarian lanyard that came from CRK and took it off. Strange thing is I don't use the lanyard all that much to get the knife from my pocket and I am not sure I really like the look. I just like the lanyard or maybe it is the concept of a lanyard I like. Whatever the reason count me in a a lanyard user.

I will pm my address if you don't want your lanyards.

I have to keep them all in their boxes so that when I sell them people like you don't have a heart attack if I don't include a $3 piece of paracord :p

b7ecfa60722ee1d360eb53a1ae95c77c.jpg

New lanyard, new day

Back