Do you Lanyard your Sebenza/Inkosi?

I prefer the lanyard on my small 21 but don't like it on my small inkosi. I find that the shape, small size, and placement of the lanyard to not work well for the small inkosi.

Different strokes for different folks!

It is essentially a multiple overhand tied around the standing end or a modified hangman's knot, though it is not exactly either...

- Skein the working end and pass it through the lanyard hole.
- Go a little bit up the standing end and start wrapping the working end back down to the knife with the coils compact together, though not too tight as you will be passing the line back through the core of these twists.
- Continue to wrap the standing and working line with the working end until you get a decent length barrel (around 1"-1.5" or so when bunched).
- Feed the working end up through this barrel taking care to not cross the other two lines in there.
- Work the knot tight enough that you are comfortable with it, mine is still fairly loose (enough that I can twist mine 1/2 around tighter easily). I wanted to keep an softer feel to the leather, since the terminus (simple overhand) will keep the previous knot from slipping.
- Some twisting of the "core" will happen at this stage. It can be prevented, but it isn't required, and it isn't worth the trouble. Mine is twisted a time or two.
- Please keep in mind, prior to tieing your terminal knot the distance between the "barrel looking knot" and knife can be adjusted by pulling on the standing line and knot (closer), or knot and knife (further).

Good luck. If you need further info, just ask.

Thanks for the compliment.

Thank you very much....I will give it a shot, and make take you up on that and reach out for assistance....Thanks again!

What year/model did the current lanyard system with a captive pin come into being? And is it backwards compatible with older sebenzas like the original, regular, or classic? Or is it only working with the 21/25/inkosi?

Right now, I have the lanyards on my Small Sebenza and Small Inkosi. It is how CRK shipped them, so I thought I'd give them a chance.

In hand, I prefer the lanyard set up of the Sebenza. The lanyard on the Inkosi rubs into my palm a bit, while the Sebenza lanyard passes through my grip.

In pocket, I much prefer the Inkosi. The lanyard can fold back against the knife and tuck away out of sight much easier. The Sebenza tends to stick straight out of my pocket...not a look I am going for.

Love the leather!! But almost always have to have something!

Attachments

• IMG_5797.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5909.JPG
    IMG_5909.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6376.JPG
    IMG_6376.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 87
Both.

For my edc Insingo I removed it as I have no use for it and it just gets in the way.

For my dedicated outdoors "adventure" sebenza, I kept it. I have used it kayaking to keep from losing it (clipped it to a carabiner).

Large 21 with leather lanyard, I love how the leather ages and takes on character over time and use.

-----
Nyef, I am loving your Catch!

NJBillK NJBillK I really hate to bump this old thread but I **LOVE** the wear on that Large 21... is that all pocket wear, or did you speed up the process?

Monkey fist in 220 cord for me. Easy to grab out of the pocket.
jHMMA4X.jpg
S Swiss_Army_Man Where did you get that "220 Cord" in your picture? I ran a google search for 220 cord and all I'm getting is 220 volt electrical cord... LOL.. I don't know how to find whatever that is on your knife, because it looks very similar to the stock CRK lanyard material and that's what I'm looking for.

Lots of diverse opinions on lanyard or lanyard-less...for me I really like the look of a lanyard. However I feel like a lanyard gets in the way and go lanyard-less for CRK's that I carry (and I like small seb's)

NJBillK NJBillK I really hate to bump this old thread but I **LOVE** the wear on that Large 21... is that all pocket wear, or did you speed up the process?
Thank you. I actually brought the outer bevels up to 5k then buffed them to a mirror polish. The edges of the flats brightened up a little due to the softness of the buffing wheel running over the edge bevels slightly, which was unexpected but adds a slight blending.
They still show scratches easily due to the softness of the Ti.

It is worthy of note that it became noticeably slicker in hand, due to the polished surface having less traction than the blasted surface.

I had it with me at the NYCKS, and one of the CRK employees was handling it, and he loved how it looked in person. He went about and made sure some of the other reps at the table got to see it and handle it.
20170312_162009.jpg 20170313_111729.jpg 20170806_125124.jpg 20170806_125806.jpg 20170806_125954.jpg

Yes I actually really like he CRK lanyards. Just ordered a burgundy with blue bead for my Inkosi to match my Sebenza.
3FEFC65F-BB91-4FDC-B047-A81C3B8EFCB9.jpeg

S Swiss_Army_Man Where did you get that "220 Cord" in your picture? I ran a google search for 220 cord and all I'm getting is 220 volt electrical cord... LOL.. I don't know how to find whatever that is on your knife, because it looks very similar to the stock CRK lanyard material and that's what I'm looking for.
I got it at my local surplus shop for maybe ten bucks for 100 feet. Thats what it was labeled as, its a bit thinner and stronger than the stock crk lanyard material. It' 4 stranded in the center.

Actually upon further inspection its 275 paracord or 3/32nd paracord which can be found online pretty easily. Might have to pick up some more, as i only have aout 10 feet left or so...

2BA1E382-ABDC-496F-82A0-5DEF88326B5A.jpeg 73CDD344-6F54-43EB-AD79-809452D096DB.jpeg I use a quick release push pin lanyard. It is more for loss prevention, and I usually use the knife without it. It can be inserted from either direction. The hole in the handle must be enlarged. The pin is 3/16” diameter.

Back