Do you Lanyard your Sebenza/Inkosi?

Bumping this as I am curious how many are running a lanyard in 2020? Also is anyone using the newer bead style lanyards from CRK they sell for $20 and $25? Have a 21 at spa debating on if I want to just get a charcoal without a bead or with.

Yup I have them on both of my Large Sebenzas!
a4Rphaa.jpg

I like keeping lanyards on my CRK's. It makes it easy to orient and extract from my pocket, then the one hand opening is nice, not as a weapon( got .45 for that) If you have a hold of work, you can still safely bring the blade into play. Like it for Impenda , and Ti lock as well. I like to tie directly onto the knife, no pin.

I still have the lanyard on mine but it kind of bugs me that when the knife is clipped in my pocket the lanyard wants to lay forward instead of pointing back.

Love the look of the lanyard... Hate it on a user! So, I have all them removed. Pins are all in with small burnt mushroomed para-cord to prevent rattling or the pin falling out.

Ive never kept a lanyard on mine. I put one on my umnumzaan for about a week but it never got a lot of use. I’ve got a 25 on loan and I’ve kept the lanyard on it the last few days carrying it. I’m not a real big fan. It seems to get in my way more than being a convenience. The one on this 25 is a bit longer than the standard factory Crk lanyard tho

Not sure why, but I like lanyards on my Inkosis, not so much on the Sebenzas.
Curious about the Sebenza 31 having a wider relief area in the back for the lanyard......maybe it will rest more to the outside of the pocket instead of sticking up or forward, if that makes any sense.

Nearly all of mine have lanyards, I am sure I have a couple that don’t though. Mostly the older black cord lanyards of old. A few have the fancier lanyards. I prefer the older style lanyards as you always have a some cord if needed.

The lanyards (fobs) on my Sebenza or Inkosis never bothered me, so I always left them on. Recently, when I took all of them apart to clean & relube them, I took all the lanyards off. Now they bother me even less.
IMG_0797-X4.jpg

My 2 Sebenzas and 1 Inkosi all currently wear the lanyards they came with. I plan to remove them when they next get disassembled for cleaning, but I'm in no hurry. I guess I just prefer things clean and simple, and the lanyards tend to pick up dirt and grease (I'm a cook, among other things) and start to look nasty after a while.

I still run lanyard less. Come off immediately. That is because normally belt sheath carry

The first thing I did was when I got my Inkosi was to take it apart, clean it, and to a the lanyard in the box.

I decided to clean my knife up this evening. Installed the lanyard for about 30 seconds and realized there was no way that was going to fly. Popped it back off and put the knife together the rest of the way.

I just dont have a use for them.

I lanyard (fob) my smalls, not may larges.

The exception is my Tanto ‘Zaan. It’s frequently a cargo pocket knife and a fob really helps me get to it.

I just got my Large 21 back from the spa I’m gonna try the lanyard for now. I tried to post a picture with no success.

all three of my sebezas have there original lanyards still on the knifes, thy don't bother me and I feel my CRK's came with them on, so why remove! we paid a lot for these knifes, why changes things....

Back