Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Thanks, supratentorial, sorry, maybe next year. Lovely bareheaded KK jack, Lostball.
Dan

Not an exact match but here are some scans of HSB lobsters and knife purses. Several manufacturers made knives for HSB over the years.

FKO8jdS.jpg

mCurhGS.jpg

dc6norq.jpg

Great knife in great condition, supratentorial! :thumbsup: I really like the old Keen Kutters that still have the etch.
Dan

Made sometime during the period that Shapleigh owned the Keen Kutter name. So, sometime between July 1940 and 1959. Sellens says 1959, however, he also lists the K16 having plastic handles? He had only 3 Shapleigh catalogs to go on when compiling his book, 1940, 1948 and 1958. I am sure there were variations that were made between these dates that never made it into one of those three catalogs. I think your knife was quite a bit earlier than 1959 and may have been made by Camillus.
Dan

Augie, beautiful KK 4 blade Congress! Dan, thanks for the great information!

Here is a 4 blade KK Congress I have had for sometime. It is in pristine condition showing no evidence of use or even sharpening or honing post production. I don't know for sure where it fits into the production timeline. It has EC Simmons and St. Louis MO in the KK wedge logo on all blades. One of the master SF blades on the pile facing side has the number 4577. It is 3.5 inches closed. Thanks for looking!
IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1774.jpg

Beautiful knife, Lloyd, love the bone and the curved bar shield!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sellens says the 4577 was in the catalogs from 1905 right through to 1941. Yours was definitely made prior to July 1940, when Shapleigh bought out Simmons. The 1939 catalog shows it with nail nicks, rather than long pulls. The 1917 catalog shows it with the long pulls. It is not shown in the 1930 catalog or the 1912 catalog pages that I have.
Dan

Jake- Stunning Whittler- What a find!!

Speaking of finds- Augie and Lloyd - both of you have each a absolutely beautiful Congress with some of the nicest Bone!
Nice subtle differences, Augies spun Pins + Nail Nicks, Lloyds Hammered Pins + Long Pulls as well as the pen Blades have different Kicks as Augies...I wonder if the same Manufacturer had their hand in these Knives or a completely different Firm?, each a stunning example....I'm truly Jealous at this moment Guys!

Back