Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Thank you for the compliments on the whittler, guys!

Some really beauties @Augie Luger1952 Luger1952 !

Here's a 1918 catalog cut for the 4577
TYi18b6.jpg

Augie, beautiful KK 4 blade Congress! Dan, thanks for the great information!

Here is a 4 blade KK Congress I have had for sometime. It is in pristine condition showing no evidence of use or even sharpening or honing post production. I don't know for sure where it fits into the production timeline. It has EC Simmons and St. Louis MO in the KK wedge logo on all blades. One of the master SF blades on the pile facing side has the number 4577. It is 3.5 inches closed. Thanks for looking!
View attachment 810880 View attachment 810882 View attachment 810883

Nice additions to your collection, Dan!!:thumbsup:
Especially that last one, the K2901!!!! That is a beauty of an old knife!!:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks very much for the kind comments, Charlie and Gevonovich.
Dan

Thanks for posting that one, Steve. Looks like it is sitting on a pile of old barlows.
Dan

Thanks Jeff. Just been looking through Levine's. I believe he would call it a special spey on a curved regular jack frame. Says they were usually single bladed, but sometimes also had a pen blade.
Dan

Dan all three of those KK jacks are great! Like others I am drawn to that Spey curved Jack:thumbsup: Not a commonly seen pattern and the bone handles are wonderful!! That jigging and the coloration of the bone are gorgeous. Certainly nice additions to your KK portfolio! Thanks for the photos.

Here are three lobsters: first a 2 1/2" K0443, made between 1915 to 1929 according to Sellens, has a faint pattern number etch; second is a 2 1/2" K0444, made between 1917 to 1920 according to Sellens, has an etched pattern number and salesman ink; last is a K5035SSG, made between 1910 and 1920 according to Sellens, has an etched pattern number and salesman ink, unfortunately was the victim of poor care and storage and is quite pitted.
Dan

RIMG1383.JPG RIMG1384.JPG RIMG1388.JPG RIMG1390.JPG RIMG1391.JPG RIMG1385.JPG RIMG1386.JPG RIMG1391.JPG

Sorry, last picture is wrong, can't figure out how to edit it out and add the right one, so here is the one that was supposed to be last in the last post.RIMG1387.JPG

Back