Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Pity someone defaced the blade by writing on it. (JOKING!!) It is a beauty and nice to see so well preserved. Maybe it survived all of these years in a salesman's knife roll.
Ha Ha, good one!, that probably would have been my first reaction a few years ago. Thanks for the comments, Shawn and supratentorial.
Dan

Thanks KAW for the kind comment. Not 100% sure it was made by Walden, but probably (in my mind anyway) 99%% sure. I do really like the German made Hornet!, not quite as nice as Charlie's, though.
Thanks
Dan

Another new to me Keen Kutter. A K4063, Sellens says was in the catalogs from 1924 through 1929, so likely Winchester made? The crack at the front of the shield was not there when I got it. Dropped it on the garage floor:eek::(:mad:.
RIMG1091.JPG RIMG1092.JPG RIMG1087.JPG RIMG1089.JPG RIMG1090.JPG

That's a sweet pen knife, Dan!! Hardly seen any wear at all. Nice liners:thumbsup:
Sorry about the dive it took! Been there, done that!!:rolleyes: I cannot see the crack!!

Here's a junior (3 3/8") Scout. Looks like Junior practiced a bit of sharpening,:rolleyes: but not too much!
E.C.Simmons KeenKutter Made in USA on three blades. Most of the etch is there, and it has excellent snap all around.
KK Junior 1.jpg KK Junior 2.jpg KK Junior 3.jpg

Thanks Charlie. That is a nice scout! I believe that having the Made in USA stamp on three blades (as opposed to the usual St. Louis Mo.) is fairly rare.
Also got this one not too long ago, a 73266 1/4. Knife has been cleaned and buffed. Both blades have seen a lot of use and the punch is very short. I bought it for the pattern.
Dan
RIMG1094.JPG RIMG1094.JPG RIMG1095.JPG RIMG1096.JPG RIMG1097.JPG RIMG1098.JPG

Great pattern, Dan.:thumbsup: That "whittler" construction is always fascinating to behold!
Nice to have until a better one comes along -
Known collector behaviour!!:D

The crack at the front of the shield was not there when I got it. Dropped it on the garage floor:eek::(:mad:.
....and this is THE reason why someone needs to invent a time machine! :rolleyes:

Sweet lookin' knives guys.... :thumbsup:

’til later….
KAW

"Everlasting Sharp" means…. never having a dull moment.:cool:

Thanks Charlie and KAW. I also very much like the whittler construction.
Dan

Recently picked up 3 new to me Keen Kutters. Will put them in three posts as when I try to post multiple pics I seem to get them duplicated and mixed up quite a bit. All three are pretty much unused with the factory edge. All three have some spiders and staining.
First is a small (2 5/8") pearl handled pen knife, K27121.
RIMG1146.JPG RIMG1147.JPG RIMG1148.JPG RIMG1149.JPG

Mighty fine score, Dan! Not one but three tastes of Collector heaven!!
You're a lucky Canuck!
:D

Back