• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Does Anybody Know DailyEDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I received notification of a Paypal refund from DailyEDC. Last night I did a little more digging on Daily, basically, because when you mess with money or family, I learn about you. From what I can tell, this type of situation is not uncommon for Daily. I read one response from Daily to Dr.Buzzkill that blew my mind. Daily basically served Dr. Buzzkill with a similar situation, then tried to tell him how to collect knives and tried to school him for being impatient. Dr. Buzzkill, I respect the way you handled that.
The waiting room in my head is a small one, I say what I feel. While I feel out of place for going after this guy, I don't feel wrong about it. The level of nonchalant disrespect was too much. I apologize to the stand up members of this forum for going hard on this situation, but like I said, family and money are to no fly zones for bs. Daily, I hope you figure it out, but you had it coming. Especially the phone call, you earned all of that. You just ran into someone that values respect, honesty and integrity more than a badly wanted knife. If it pleases the mods, I would request that the negative feedback I sent for Daily remain. There is pattern with this guy, I believe I went far enough down the buyer road to qualify to leave said feedback.

Sorry to hear this. I agree that once you have my money you need to follow through in a timely manner. Every time, without exception.

Just a heads up though- The owner and mods have been very clear about what is expected regarding feedback. No completed deal, NO FEEDBACK.
Regards

I wish there was a way for me to close this thread, I started it with an issue I had and it has been remedied long ago. Since the initial event I have had at least three more interactions with DailyEDC (AKA: Jeff) as the buyer. I feel an elevated level of comfort when working with Jeff and don't believe he is a person who would defraud anyone. A little story about Jeff; I bought a knife from him and he sent me an additional knife because he thought if I handled it I may like it and want to purchase it as well. This is not something a devious person would do and I believe this is a fair representation of the type of trusting person you are working with when you work with Jeff. There are also two sides to every story and I am sure we will hear the other side soon.

With a gold membership you do have the ability to close your own thread.

Krinsky, I'm glad he's the type of guy you feel comfotable dealing with. If you would've closed this thread, I would've simply opened a new one and referenced yours. I've contacted rev devil, and explained why I believe an exception should be made in this case. I will abide by what his says and apologize to him for where I've overstepped boundaries, because I know that I have, in the same breath, I'm willing to be hit with infractions and banned if it means that feedback stays so others can avoid the headaches.

As long as you know whats coming.

Copy and paste from the forum rules:

Retaliatory negative feedback ratings can earn you an infraction. Getting pissed off because a deal didn't go though is no reason to try and ruin someones rep. You are expected to conduct yourself in a mature and responsible manner, failure to do so will result in warnings or infractions as necessary.
If a deal did not happen, there is no iTrader Feedback to leave. Sorry if you were inconvenienced, but life is full of disappointments. As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along. Consider improving the terms of your sales threads / read the sellers terms carefully in order to avoid this before buying.
Retaliatory feedback left by buyers or sellers on deals that didn't take place can now earn you a 30 point non expiring infraction. You earn them, you get to keep them, you have been warned.

It's not retaliatory, it the right thing to do. Money changed hands. I read the rules, like I said, I feel there is an exception to be made. I'm on the mat for a win in the name moral character. I simply do not care what happens to me.

I have asked about this rule and understand that, although money "changed hands," if the targeted victim buyer somehow manages to get his money back (PayPal actually working or via Credit Card company) against the will of the crook, no "feedback" may be left. The attempted theft by deception was frustrated, so no harm no foul.

And if in a trade, one side only delivers when contacted by the law and threatened with prosecution, that would also seem to be a no harm no foul situation. yes?

It's not retaliatory, it the right thing to do. Money changed hands. I read the rules, like I said, I feel there is an exception to be made. I'm on the mat for a win in the name moral character. I simply do not care what happens to me.

You got your money back, correct? I'm afraid you will have to take your 'moral character win' in a way that follows the rules.
Best of luck to you!

Like I said, let it be what it will be. Not worried about what anyone has to say(other than the mods) or what they think. I'm waiting for whatever's coming, and I'll take whatever it is.

Krinsky, I'm glad he's the type of guy you feel comfotable dealing with. If you would've closed this thread, I would've simply opened a new one and referenced yours. I've contacted rev devil, and explained why I believe an exception should be made in this case. I will abide by what his says and apologize to him for where I've overstepped boundaries, because I know that I have, in the same breath, I'm willing to be hit with infractions and banned if it means that feedback stays so others can avoid the headaches.

As long as you know whats coming.

Copy and paste from the forum rules:

Retaliatory negative feedback ratings can earn you an infraction. Getting pissed off because a deal didn't go though is no reason to try and ruin someones rep. You are expected to conduct yourself in a mature and responsible manner, failure to do so will result in warnings or infractions as necessary.
If a deal did not happen, there is no iTrader Feedback to leave. Sorry if you were inconvenienced, but life is full of disappointments. As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along. Consider improving the terms of your sales threads / read the sellers terms carefully in order to avoid this before buying.
Retaliatory feedback left by buyers or sellers on deals that didn't take place can now earn you a 30 point non expiring infraction. You earn them, you get to keep them, you have been warned.

I will offer this reply to further clarify, the rules are clear in what is and is not allowed. Spark has issued bans for people that do this stuff out of anger or spite. Having a short fuse never did me any favors in life and I don't think it helps in this environment where we operate sight unseen and based on reputation alone. If you garner a reputation for being emotional and "trigger happy" chances of people wanting to deal with you will likely lessen. Calm and cool are how we are supposed to do things. If something just doesn't seem right, let us know and we can and will have a look into it.

If the feedback given to DailyEDC is unwarranted, I will report it and ask spark to remove it and have him glance this thread over. As far as infractions go, they will be handed out when any part of the forums are abused or when rules are actually broken. Acting out of anger or being fast to seek redemption isn't the best way to win friends here, it will actually give you the opposite results.

ETA: Always have to use some caution and common sense when dealing with members that use the site primarily for selling items, and have no vested interest in the community aspect of the place. Based on what I've seen the bulk of the posts and threads made by DailyEDC are in the Exchange sales section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back