Does anyone have a 25 inch Kobra?

I saw the 25 inch Kobra khukuri/sword and it looks really cool. Does anyone have this model and do you like it? I pretty much would have no use for it except in the unlikely event of a zombie uprising. I just got the Tarwar and it is awesome and has me wanting more swords and just more products from HI in general. If you have one could you tell me what you have used it for or just if you keep it around as a show piece or art. Thanks

I have a heavy 32oz Kobra made by Kumar. By design its really just a heavy sword. Like you said, zombiebane:)
That said I did use it to chop up an 8" tree that blocked me in at my moms after a huge storm. If I had broken it I would totally understood that I had pressed the sword past its design. Still it was an impressive test of its strength.
I still think the Kobra is at its best around 20" and 20oz.

I found a used 25" Kobra made by Sanu. I've been using it to whack blackberry growing around the springhouse. That extra length gives me a little more protection. I've accidently hit the tip on a stone and while it doesn't push exactly in line with the edge, it is still sharp. Oh and it is a "balance" khukuri too. Like Steely says, this is a slimmer blade design and isn't really made for major chopping duties, although it can fill in in a pinch. It seems great for working with shrubs, trimming branches and general plant work due to its slimmer blade and design. I've noticed that you seem more defense minded and, although this is a light blade, the Kobra is able to "reach out and touch". I believe some have used it in the past in their martial arts training. I like it well enough for what I use it for and many others in the past found them excellent for their uses. A Search in the Archives will get you lots of reviews and personal opinions. The only thing about the 25" Kobra is carrying it. Wear on the belt is fine if you're walking on flat ground but will require different attachment for any other carry. The scabbard drags on slopes at times while working the blackberry so I don't wear the scabbard for that anymore.

Here are the specs that I got off of this Kobra FYI:
30oz.
25 3/8" OAL
19 11/16" Blade
5 7/8" Handle
11/32" Spine at thickest
1 1/2" Width of blade at widest
7" Point Of Balance from bolster

I've got a 30" Sirupati that is pretty much a two handed beast. I've used it to chop down a thick woody bush because my Son and I thought it would be fun. It worked fine, but was really heavy. I'd use it against zombies for its hacking ability but would use my Manjushree sword against more run of the mill and quicker bad guys.

Have a 25 in by Kumar I got years ago, great "sword", good balance, feels good in the hand, will handle a lot more heavy use than I'll ever put it through...

I have a 25", 29 oz. Kobra by Tirtha. It feels good in hand; but so far I haven't used it.

I have my eye on a house in Mexico within walking distance of the beach. Does anybody know if blades like this are allowed in Mexico?

I have a 25", 29 oz. Kobra by Tirtha. It feels good in hand; but so far I haven't used it.

I have my eye on a house in Mexico within walking distance of the beach. Does anybody know if blades like this are allowed in Mexico?

Machetes seem to be common in Mexico (at least in American movies), so blade length might not be a problem. But local laws (and degree of enforcement) might vary from place to place, as they vary by state and city in the U.S.

Since you're looking at a particular house, best to try to find out the local or provincial regulations.

had a large one, sold it, old master work. awesome.

Back