Does anyone have any first hand knowledge with the CVA Accura muzzleloader?

I shoot a CVA Optima V2 which I would like to give to my son this year ,so he can join me ML hunting in the fall. I have been very happy with it over the past 3 seasons, as it is reliable and shoots true.

Thinking of moving to the Accura model, in the CVA line, which is supposed to be a step up in barrel quality. Wondering if anyone owns and shoots a CVA Accura and how they like it? Is it worth the increased cost over the Optima V2 and is accuracy as good as CVA would like you to believe? Thanks.

Optima pro mag, very accurate. 50 Cal. An love it
Got it from bass pro on sale some years ago. Some young kid working there told me I did not want this gun because it would rust, he started to argue with me about it, told him that I had guns that were older than him an not one had any rust on them. An if he did not want to sell what I wanted to get someone that would(tried to sell me a stainless). There were a lot of people watching an the kid finally realized I was serious. Then I told him to come to the scopes an sell me one of those an mount it. After that never been back. But a very good gun.

Having owned and shot both I see my Optima as a better gun for me. The mechanical accuracy potential of the two guns is functionally equivalent but the bore in my Optima is just a fuzz larger and doesn’t foul up as quickly and it’s easier to load. I sold the Accura and kept the Optima for these reasons

Thank you guys. Actually settled on the Optima Long Range and the original Optima will go to our son.

Back