Does anyone have experience with knives by Arno Bernard?

They look amazing, but I want to know how they perform before I pull the trigger on one. I've had my eye on the Sailfish model. I don't own anything in N690 steel, so I am wondering about that as well.

Arno makes excellent knives. I've had a couple, but they got gifted to family who wanted them more. One of my cousins uses his on his trap line and works the heck out of it. You won't go wrong with one of them.

They look amazing, but I want to know how they perform before I pull the trigger on one. I've had my eye on the Sailfish model. I don't own anything in N690 steel, so I am wondering about that as well.

Speaking to the bolded part only, I don't own any Arno Bernard knives yet. But I've got a TRC XS Splinter in N690 and have been really happy with it. It holds a good edge and is a pleasure to resharpen.

My most carried small (and I mean small) fixed blade is an Arno Bernard and I love the thing.

If you like the design, I think you'll be pleased. They generally aren't high dollar handmade knives.

While we are discussing Arno, I would like to throw out a question also. If the mods want to separate into another thread, that's ok. Does anyone have an opinion on which of his fixed blades is best suited for front pocket carry? I am guessing it is between the Meerkat and Gecko. Thanks.

While we are discussing Arno, I would like to throw out a question also. If the mods want to separate into another thread, that's ok. Does anyone have an opinion on which of his fixed blades is best suited for front pocket carry? I am guessing it is between the Meerkat and Gecko. Thanks.
Anyone have insight on this. Trying to decide between the meerkat and gecko right now.

Is that the Bongo? I've been thinking about getting one. How would it work as an all round small sheath knife?

I don't have a Bongo, but I do have a Badger that I sometimes carry as a RFP fixed blade. They're pretty close in OAL. The Badger works fine in a pocket sheath that I got from I-don't-remember-who. The knife isn't too long and the sheath keeps the blade and handle protected and in place.

I have no experience with small FB's in the 5" - 6.5" range. They're too small for me to be able to hold and use. But I will say that if AB makes it, it's a good knife. His Bush Baby series just doesn't have enough handle for me.

Is that the Bongo? I've been thinking about getting one. How would it work as an all round small sheath knife?

If you are asking about my post, yes, that is a Bongo. It’s a very nice fixed and is the size of an open Large CRK Sebenza. Hope that helps.

If you are asking about my post, yes, that is a Bongo. It’s a very nice fixed and is the size of an open Large CRK Sebenza. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I had the chance to hold one once, and I can't get out of my mind how it just melted into my hand. Been jonesing for one ever since.

They're top quality, you won't be disappointed with them.

I like the smaller ones myself, but none of them are bad.

Back