Off Topic Does anyone know what happened to Jephco Supply?

I went to their website and it's closed and the Facebook page too. They were the only place I could find 1/8 inch Loveless screws. I talked to Jeff just last year when I ordered some of the small screws and he didn't let on like he was in financial difficulty. He was telling me about how Jephco is the only maker of certain small screws like the 0-80 screws that are the smallest standard screws you can get and he said if you have some they made them. I don't know where else I can buy Loveless or Corbys that small if they're gone.

I was wondering the same thing. I bought all my handle hardware through them, but everything was sold out the last time I needed to stock up. Then the website was gone.

i cannot seem to find sheffield knife supply either. i used to buy all my micarta through them. their last facebook post was in 2014. i also heard pop's knife supply has just been sold. hmmmm.

@stacy E. Apelt I saw on Facebook that pops was bought by fiddleback forge and a few other people. They were inventorying everything and adding new stuff to sell. Hopefully the service doesn’t suffer with Jim no longer operating the business.

Thats not Sheffield as best as I can tell. Teir website is sheffield supply.com and they haven't changed it since 2013. They were never the most adept at the whole interwebz thing. They just uploaded a PDF of their print catalog.
Sheffield seems to come up when I go to their site:
http://www.knifesupply.com/sheffield-knives.html

I called Jim Poplin and got his answering machine. The mailbox is full and not taking messages. I sent him an email. He looked very tired last spring. I hope he is OK.

Last edited:
Call the # on Pop's website. You'll be redirected to Fiddleback Forge. Voicemail full...

Yes, that is the message I got. It was hard to understand "Fiddleback Forge", and I wondered if they were associated with Pop's now.
Fiddleback Forge website says nothing about Pop's or selling supplies????

Last edited:
Sheffield seems to come up when I go to their site:
http://www.knifesupply.com/sheffield-knives.html

That isn't Sheffield Knifemakers Supply in Orange City, Florida. I have their 2013 catalogue and you could only order by telephone or email, but had to call in or fax credit card info because emails are not secure. In 2016 their online catalogue went down and hasn't been put back up. The last time I ordered something was the last time I will ever order anything from them. The owner is an elderly woman and she took my order. I had their 2013 cat. and I asked Mrs. Sheffield what the price was on some Dymondwood and she told me she didn't know and couldn't be bothered to find out! She expected me to just order stuff without knowing the prices and was pretty insulting when I told her I need to know the price as I intended to buy all the stock they had of certain colors. I ordered the Dymondwood anyway and sure enough she doubled the price the old catalogue had. I called to complain and got the young man who worked for her, he apologized for her behavior and said she did stuff like that and was losing business, but he couldn't do anything about the overcharge. I don't know if they're still in business, but their phone #386 775 6453 for enquiries and 1 800 874 7007 for orders and don't use the 800 number for questions, orders only. It's a shame she didn't get with the times because they had some great prices on a lot of their stuff.

OK! I called Sheffield Knifemakers Supply.co and the .co is not a typo that is their new website's online address. The son has taken over as Mrs Sheffield passed away, RIP. They are not going out of business, they are selling out stuff they do not intend to carry anymore like leather working products and machinery. The website is still just the 2013 catalogue though.

Last edited:
I seem to recall somebody saying that Sheffield was pretty much selling out what they had and then closing the doors. Maybe it was the Mark of the Maker podcast?

OK! I called Sheffield Knifemakers Supply.co and the .co is not a typo that is their new website's online address. The son has taken over as Mrs Sheffield passed away, RIP. They are not going out of business, they are selling out stuff they do not intend to carry anymore like leather working products and machinery.

Ah, maybe that's what I heard. IIRC, Tom Krein was saying he wouldn't be able to get something from Sheffield anymore.

The Pops deal was just announced last week. Andy Roy, Dirk Loots, Allen Surls, and one other guy I didn't know purchased the business from Pop and Kay. I haven't heard what the transition plan was, but the new buyers are solid folks. Give them a bit of time and I'm sure things will be up and running again soon.

As for Jephco, I'm not sure there. He's kind of fallen off the internet. Don't know about the actual business.

Does anyone know what’s up with Jephco’s website? I used to buy their artificial ivory and it worked great. I’d love to find a source for it. Who owned the Jephco business? Does anyone have contact info? I’d like to see what that faux ivory actually was and where else I could get it.

Back