Does the Kershaw payout use bearings in the pivot assembly?

I honestly can't find any info about whether the blade is on bearings or washers, the most I've found is that it's speedsafe assisted.

If it's speedsafe, I suspect it is just washers on pivot. No need for bearings if its spring loaded. Most all Kershaws I have seen that are assisted openers just use washers. The only non-assisted flippers to my knowledge are the Fraxion, Atmos, Concierge, Method and Natrix , maybe others?- they all use bearings. I wish Kershaw would make more non-assisted flippers with bearings.
Rich

Last edited:
If it's speedsafe, I suspect it is just washers on pivot. No need for bearings if its spring loaded. Most all Kershaws I have seen that are assisted openers just use washers. The only non-assisted flippers to my knowledge are the Fraxion, Atmos, Concierge, Method and Natrix , maybe others?- they all use bearings. I wish Kershaw would make more non-assisted flippers with bearings.
Rich

Bareknuckle! :thumbsup:

Rich

There are others (e.g. the aforementioned Bareknuckle, Tumbler, etc.).

Rich
Thank you for the information.
I was hoping it was on washers so I could put it on my "hope to try someday list."
Can't stand bearings on work knives personally.

Back