Does this blade look off to anyone?

The first two pics, looks like it doesn't have much belly. The last two pics looks normal to me. Looks like my 25's.
Could be the angle of the knife when the first two pics that made it look that way.

Thanks guys.

I had been having an incredibly tough time getting my belly and tip sharp. Decided to use my diamond rods on the sharpmaker and just do a reprofile until everything was uniform and easy to maintain. Went 15 degrees first for the back bevel and then 20. I'm all paranoid now that I messed things up and took too much off. Hair popping sharp, though!

How bad/embarrassed should I feel?

Unfortunately my CRKs all came with terrible grinds from the factory. There was a part at the very heel of the blade that was not ground as thinly. It isnquite abrupt and on all of them. This makes freehand sharpening them a royal PIA.

I have to get them reprofiled professionally and then they are a breeze to keep sharp. Most knives I have no problems but I have had trouble with the wonky factory grinds from CRK.

Thanks for the help everyone. I've decided not to worry about it, haha. It's at least nice to have a sharp and even bevel from now on.

Unfortunately my CRKs all came with terrible grinds from the factory. There was a part at the very heel of the blade that was not ground as thinly. It isnquite abrupt and on all of them. This makes freehand sharpening them a royal PIA.

I have to get them reprofiled professionally and then they are a breeze to keep sharp. Most knives I have no problems but I have had trouble with the wonky factory grinds from CRK.
I don't think I have ever heard someone call CRK grinds wonky, lol. I've never had an issue on anything from them, bad luck maybe? Sorry to hear that.

I've never had factory edge problems with any of my CRK's either. Always been good to go.

I had a problem sharpening my my small Sebenza 21 with an Insingo blade on a sharpmaker. It seemed impossible to get an even bevel on it and gave the tip a flat spot. I bought a Wicked Edge sharpener and it's fine now. Sometimes the owner of a knife is the only one who notices such things

I have to reprofile every Seb/Inkosi in order to use the Sharpmaker for maintenance. They are done by hand at the factory so I can see why they are uneven.
I use an Edge Pro for repro.

I have to reprofile every Seb/Inkosi in order to use the Sharpmaker for maintenance. They are done by hand at the factory so I can see why they are uneven.
I use an Edge Pro for repro.

Come to think of it I think the biggest problem is that they have convex edge grinds and it is much easier to freehand a flat edge grind.

Back