Dog head Kabar - Real or Counterfeit?

Hello everyone, I have a particular knife I am interested in, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it is a real or a counterfeit. Based on the attached pictures, do you think this Dog head Kabar is real?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

V VAtoTN
I'm sorry I dont have any information, I'm sure someone will be able to help. Although I will say it is great looking knife. If going by looks alone my opinion would say its legit,but of recent manufacture. Welcome to the forum hopefully someone can give you a better answer soon.

Looks like you are referring to the one currently listed on ebay.
What makes you think is not real?

Doesn’t look fake based on those pics. Based on the quality of the workmanship.

Last edited:
That is some nice looking stag. Are you asking because of the lock bar release being proud?

Thanks for the responses. I have no real reason to think it's fake. I found it and like it, but had read about dog head counterfeits and it made me second guess on the knife. I'm not very knowledgeable so I came here for more opinions.
Little warning about coming here seeking knowledge, thats how I came. Its been a little over two years, I had maybe three traditional knives back then. Last I counted I'm over 120 now :D There are many knowledgeable people here and love sharing their knowledge :thumbsup: Yep came seeking knowledge and fell into the traditionals rabbit hole, but I aint regretted it a bit:cool::thumbsup:

I went to Lebanon High school back in the 90's :thumbsup:My Dad still lives on Moccasin Creek in fact. I'm way out in coastal North Carolina now, thats why I'm a "Misplaced" Hillbilly. :D

Little warning about coming here seeking knowledge, thats how I came. Its been a little over two years, I had maybe three traditional knives back then. Last I counted I'm over 120 now :D There are many knowledgeable people here and love sharing their knowledge :thumbsup: Yep came seeking knowledge and fell into the traditionals rabbit hole, but I aint regretted it a bit:cool::thumbsup:

I have a feeling I won't regret it either lol. Just something about them I have come to enjoy. I actually lived in the Havelock/New Bern area of eastern nc for 4 years. Judging by your profile, you likely went to high school with my brother and sister. Small world for sure. Thanks for welcoming to the board. I'll likely be on often with questions.

I can tell from the expression on the dog's face it is a fake. Buy it and send it to me. Thanks.

The dog's head shield doesn't look right, nor does the grind on the pile side!
Is it glare, or a bad grind??

The dog's head shield doesn't look right, nor does the grind on the pile side!
Is it glare, or a bad grind??

I, also, was wondering about the grind, as it looked odd to me. I suppose it could have been made by Queen. I know KaBar outsourced their folders for a number of years. I don't know if Queen made any. Some of my Queen knives have "uncrisp" blade shapes similar to this.

And I was curious about the shield, but I lack the knowledge to comment.

The position of the shield seems a little odd, also.
Just an observation-take with a grain of salt.

Back