Dog thread

This picture is from summer before last. Our sons are showing our goddaughter something with the pool. Of course, Desmo is supervising, LOL.
BTW, we have this one on a canvas print in our home.

l7APjD5.jpg

This morning when I was walking Mia, I thought she was going after a squirrel and flushed a Red Tail Hawk out of the tree (it was stalking said squirrel), scared the crap out of me, I didn’t even see it sitting in the tree.

This morning when I was walking Mia, I thought she was going after a squirrel and flushed a Red Tail Hawk out of the tree (it was stalking said squirrel), scared the crap out of me, I didn’t even see it sitting in the tree.

woah!

that would scare a least a little fart out of anyone!

one of the things I enjoy most about visiting my dad, other than the dogs and him and his wife and all, is sitting on his patio, playing cribbage, taking a break from composing a tasty homemade meal, and watching the family of red tails that lives in the canyon behind his place, enjoying a cold beer or warm tea in shared, cozy sounds of silent red feathers streaking against an autumn sky of setting sun :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

beautiful, beautiful birds :thumbsup:

makes me grateful to have been born a human as opposed to vole or whatever

EDIT: someday, I promise, I'll get my act together and create an account somewhere so I can more easily host/post pictures... so I can get in on this dog(picture)pile

Last edited:
This is Desmo’s nephew. He was a 50th birthday gift from several friends to a great friend of ours. She received him at the end of March of this year. This picture is within the last month. He won’t get nearly as big as Desmo and his brothers.

Desmo and his brothers are 1/2 Standard Poodle and 1/2 Chocolate Lab. His nephew is 1/2 LabraDoodle and 1/2 Miniature Poodle.

lnCLbqZ.jpg

I know this is the dog thread, but we had to have one of our cats (Nefertiti) put down this morning. She was 19 and we knew it was coming, but it never makes it easier.

She was a beauty that helped my oldest get through some rough times during High School.

When I came downstairs this morning, she was stuck half in and half out of the litter box. She got her front paws in, but didn't have the leg strength to get her back legs in, probably had a small stroke overnight.

t2ymvTM.jpg

Back